Breakfast

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Hmmmmm, gingerbread waffles! That's something I have to try!

Walter

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

... the British are subtle about this - trick you into thinking Fish & Chips, roast beef, bangers & mash or whatever is the range of their diet... but that's to distract your attention from their primevil blood lust and unnatural desire for gore in the kitchen...

I was over there once and there was this hermit in the congo who used to catch hedgehogs in the street, slit their throat and put the whole lot in a pot and boil the thing up in its own blood and then eat the lot.

The elders said there was nothing they could do becuase he bled the animal in accord with some scripture or other and the blood was evaporated by the time of eating... therefore it was much the same as eating a rare steak. It took a long time for him to be allowed to be baptised... I think he did in the end, but I'm not sure....

This isn't just one crazy man... I found a cookbook for 'traditional British fare' once... I swear there wasn't a recipie in the whole frigging book that didn't have blood as an ingredient or cooking medium. That was to accompany appitising meals of liver, stomach, brain, kidney or whatever other bits they thought was a good idea to eat... watch out for the dark gravy too... it's more than the cooking juices, I can tell you!

Bloody Brits... :-)

Cheers, Max - who's definatly still got that hang up.... :-)

• Englishman
    Englishman

That recipe sounds similar to haggis minus the blood!

Anyway, this is what it looks like when you buy it:

Then you slice it up about half an inch thick:

Then you either fry or grill the slices. As soon as the slices turn black, it's ready.

Englishman.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Get rid of the sausage and black pudding and I can eat the rest for b/f lunch tea and supper,

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If you exchange the blood for proper meat, that recipe is essentially Haggis.
    There's also a "white pudding" that has neither. Now that I eat!

• Englishman
    Englishman

For Little Toe:

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Black pudding is something I have never seen here in the States.

Andi, that breakfast is right up my alley. Yummy!

Usually I forget to eat breakfast, but I have been trying to be conscious of it, and do it earlier so I will actually eat in the mornings. I have my coffee, then get busy. Around 11, I realize I haven't eaten, so have an early lunch. I know it's better to eat breakfast AND lunch.

If I make breakfast, it is usually some kind of omelet or scrambled eggs, with mushrooms and cheese.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Hmmph. Breakfast for me is usually a shot of jack and a snort of coke.

• Simon
    Simon

The fact that it looks revolting (whole it looks like a fresh turd) is what puts me off.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

One thing about me is I'll try anything once. I love seafood (many can't understand how I can eat slimy meat), I've tried frogs legs (hated them). As long as there's no insects or earthworms cooked with the food, I'll try it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit