Joining School Board - Will I get DF'd?

by confusedjw 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Thanks Scully - I recall talking to you about this a while ago.

I think Franklin faced some sort of DF action and avoided it by working the legal end and promising to sue each of the elders personally who were involved. I too might do this if needed.

I really just want to be able to live my life and yet due to family being in not face the "Tom Cruise in The Firm" scenario.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You will not get df'd for running for office or voting. However, as soon as you either vote,run, or join the miliary, the JWs take it as a sign that you no longer want to be one of them and treat you as DA'd. However, it would depend on just how diligent your local elders are.

But, don't forget the fringe benefits. As everyone knows, every elected official gets his own demon. I'd like to hear how that works out for you.

I was elected to our local chamber of commerce last year. No one has said anything, but it's kind of low key - not like a public general election.

• Scully
    Scully

RunningMan:

As everyone knows, every elected official gets his own demon.

And you didn't post a picture of yours?? What gives??

• shotgun
    shotgun

confusedjw...its always bugged me that we are not allowed to get involved in all the things which affect our lives so much...good on ya for trying.

If the elders call on you explain that you thought it was a conscience matter and that you tearfully took the matter to Jehovah in prayer and even fasted for forty days...ok so it was the Atkins diet but it was hell GDamnit.

Scully

Of course, that was a lie. The story is now that he was observed by Two Eyewitnesses™ whilst engaged in Unchristian Conduct™
    I feel alot of remorse for turning in Mr Scully, but when he showed up in a thong and sang Happy Birthday Mr President at a company function he left me no choice...btw tell him aqua really is his colour.
  • Princess
    Princess

The elders will do what they want to do.

Congrats on your new position, that is an awesome thing to do!

I second FMZ on the w00t!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    And you didn't post a picture of yours?? What gives??

I'm afraid I wasn't issued a demon.

You see, according to the Bible, every national leader gets a demon. And, according to my mother, the provincial Premier also gets one. Now, the way I see it, cities like New York are much more influential than many states and provinces, so obviously, the mayor of New York gets a demon, too.

So, now that we have established that municipal leaders get demons, we can extrapolate all publicly elected officials - although, I'm not sure about elected civil servants, like sherrifs or dog catchers.

Unfortunately, the Chamber of Commerce is elected only by its own members, not by the general public. So, it appears that I am out of luck. At least, that is what I assume, since no demon has tried to make contact with me as yet.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just tell them Rutherford filled in as a judge and you're just following his example.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Or will they just decide to let me live my life?

Hmmmmrrrrrffffffffffff................

As if that is their decision to make.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

As the article said, you should not allow politics to interfere with your "freeness of speech".

If the elders come around and threaten any actions against you, I suggest that you tell them that they are free to do so, however, when you go to resign everyone will expect a public announcement of WHY you are resigning. I would tell the elders that you plan to use your "freeness of speech" to tell the public that you will have to resign because the elders in your Jehovah's Witness church have threatened to impose sanctions, possibly even shunning, if you do not resign.

I would also check with a lawyer to see if any such actions taken against you would fall under racketeering laws.

• Scully
    Scully

shotgun:

I feel alot of remorse for turning in Mr Scully, but when he showed up in a thong and sang Happy Birthday Mr President at a company function

Thanks for that mental picture. Now where did I put my eyewash? BTW, you really should have called the cops and had him arrested for that.... and I'll be sure to let him know that you loved the thong.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit