My Dad's rare "Photo Drama Of Creation" -- given to Watchtower Bethel

by Quotes 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Quotes,

I don't intend to upset you or anything but... I see this a a failing on your part. Perhaps if you had stepped up earlier - and OFFERED them something for the slides, etc. then they may have thought about it - and you may have them in your possession right now.

Or did you? If you did - then, yes, they were not interested in the money.

If you didn't... why not?

Regards,

Jim TX

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What a crying shame!

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

Hey Quotes:)

I have an old red book entilted Photodrama of Creation.Funny how it mentions on Page 48 that many feel they are living in the "Times of Restitution" which they reckon to be somewhere around the year 1874.

If your interested I might part with it. Let me know:)

Regards

Wolfy

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Quotes- They will stuff them into a closet and they will never see the light of day again... old stuff like that makes lot's of explaining for them...can we all say. "revisionist history"?

Back in the mid 70's I saw a condensed version of the Photo-Drama in Nashville Tn. It was quite the event... actually sort of a 2 day special meeting format, by invitation.

It's a shame too... those slides are a bit of a historical treasure on several levels...plus the glass painting was a work of art in itself.

Hill

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

maybe thats where i saw it hill.. i cant remember. i was a kid..

did you see a cute blonde haired little girl screaming cuz it was dark or yelling i gotta pee every 5 min? that woulda been me lmao

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

CN--- if you spent anytime in West Tennessee or West Palm Beach betwitx '71 and ' 93 I likely know you, your older sibs or your folks. Pre- 83 if you lived anyplace within 100 miles of Memphis too

Hill (used to get around class)

• Quotes
    Quotes

Jim_TX:
    =====================
    I don't intend to upset you or anything but... I see this a a failing on your part. Perhaps if you had stepped up earlier - and OFFERED them something for the slides, etc. then they may have thought about it - and you may have them in your possession right now.

Or did you? If you did - then, yes, they were not interested in the money.

If you didn't... why not?
    ===============================

I had made sublte suggestions to my Mom in the past, but given the fact that I am Apostate(tm) she did not even want to give me an extra "Aid to Bible Understanding" book they had just sitting around, new and unused. True, I never pressed the issue, but it was obvious that there was no way the Photo Drama would end up in my possession AT AN PRICE. True, I never offered them money, but if I know my parents, it wouldn't have made a difference. Having said that, I already feel like I failed the XJW community in this respect.

~Quotes, of the "Flinched On The Objective" class

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

pbbbblt you didnt fail anyone. more shit in that manure pile honey. just keep diggin.

• Quotes
    Quotes

The other problem is: I didn't know they were giving them to Bethel until AFTER the deed had been done. Too late to make an offer.

Besides, what could I really offer at that point, to someone who has made up their mind? They think giving to Watchtower is the "right thing" and may help secure life in fantasy paradise. I don't think they would risk that just to take a few dollars from a known Apostate(tm).

~Quotes, of the "Too Litle, Too Late" class

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hey Wolfy!

I would be interested in a scan of the relevant pages (and the cover and title pages if interesting). If you are feeling ambitious, please do send them: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/order-donate.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit