LISTEN TO ORAL ARGUMENTS IN JW ABUSE CASE! (Berry Girls, NH Supreme Court)

by loveis 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I finally had a chance to listen to this. My first download the quality was terrible so I had to try it a second time.

It's interesting because even though the arguments are strictly legal and of a technical nature, it was still hard to listen to knowing the very sad underlying issue.

I don't have much to add here except to say that both sides put thier best foot forward. One main point of the legal case is that the WT is claiming the original information was shared with an elder in the form of a confession and they use this as a defense based on confidentially etc. I find this ridiculous because I have heard time and again of when a JW shares ANY sensitive information with ANY leader in the JWs, be it an Elder or Circuit Overseer or District Overseer, this information is usually put in a file on that JW and ultimately passed on to WT in Brooklyn. The whole basis of the confidential confessional is that it is between the Church goer, the Priest (in this case elder) and God. Having individual files which go on to the WT headquarters (for other JWs to see) is not in any way shape or form a confidential confession. If the infromation can be shared amongst the JW leadership, why can't it be shared with Police or Youth Protection. My thoughts on this is that one of the Appeal Court judges (the one who commented on this) knew better on this confession issue. Beyond that the victim's lawyer still made a good case for protecting children regardless of any confidentiality issue.

It appears that the main issue to be dealt with is the issue of negligence. Maybe this (and other cases) has something to do with thier massive pamphlet campaign addressing child molestation - trying to make the WT look good, but as always, after the fact when they need to get some good PR for court rulings. It seems they are never interested in the truth in court; only winning at whatever cost regardless of however many false impressions have be made or how many lies need to be told and they have so many eager followers ready to assist in the masquerade..

• loveis
    loveis

bttt as we eagerly await the court's verdict

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit