LISTEN TO ORAL ARGUMENTS IN JW ABUSE CASE! (Berry Girls, NH Supreme Court)

by loveis 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• loveis
    loveis

If you have an mp3 player (Windows Media Player should be fine), just click on this link to hear them hash it out!

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/supreme/recordings/2004/2003-0779.mp3

(If you need to catch up on the history of the Berry girls case, this ongoing New Hampshire Supreme Court appeal was discussed in more detail in these recent threads:)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/79251/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/79671/1.ashx

A few highlights: It appears that the justices asked considerably more questions of the Berry girls' lawyer, Marci Hamilton, and were clearly somewhat skeptical of their case. (At one point a justice says something like "The (trial court) judge's decision was clear and unambiguous as to the law, so why are we even here?") But the WTS lawyer, Donald Gardner, also had numerous questions asked of him.

Note too, how at the start of his argument, Gardner makes clear how sympathetic the Wilton Congregation and the WTS is to what the Berry girls went through, at the same time that he points out that many of the congregation members are here today for the argument session. How many were there for Holly and Heather? They don't say, but evidently it was fewer.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i'm listening to this tape now. what i'm getting is the churches have way to much leaway. i'll post again when i here the whole thing. john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

the wt lawyer is lying he said it take 4-5 years of study to become a jw? then the wt lawyers says it's ok for the elders not to report sexual abuse. wow this guy is sick . and he's trying to use the law to cover not reporting... this is a must listen... john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i'm very surprised i'm the only one here to have any ideas about this wt child molestion case? and even listen to the tape and can come with some feelings. i'm learning a lot listening to this tape. i only hope some others will join in. john

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Theocratic Warfare:
    Why JWs lie in court
    WHY, IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO MAKE COMPARISONS/CONNECTIONS WITH OTHER CULTS.As soon as the client sees the striking similarity of tactics with the other cults it will click with them. That's what happened to myself and many others.I was truly amazed that the moonies call their deceptive protocol of lying:"heavenly deception".How this rings and resonates so closely with the Watchtower's;"theocratic warfare". The moonies twisted heavenly deception plays like this:"Satan's children lie to God's children,so in turn it's proper for God's children (e.g. the moonies) To lie and deceive Satan's children. The commonality of the cults,it's downright disturbing and uncanny. http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm "Birds of a feather flock together"."People are known by the company that they keep".And so on....... Here in the good ole USA we call it a CON GAME. [ A doctrine of Mr. Moon's is "Heavenly Deception", which briefly stated is this Because Satan deceives God's children, God's children, in turn, have the right to deceive Satan's children. Of course, you and I are defined by Mr. Moon as "Satan's children", so we are the victims who get sold their merchandise, along with the lie that it is for "youth work", "Orphans", or "drug rehabilitation". Mr. Moon has been put in jail for tax evasion, and continues to have troubles with the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S.A. He has added several major industries to his street activities and continues to rake in the money.] JW as the articulated manipulator also known as:"don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" Do the perpwalk for me you diddler Jehovah's Witness jailed for abusing boys Child abuser James Barratt James Barratt is led away to begin his sentence An elder in the Jehovah's Witness church has been jailed for child abuse. Bad Boy

• loveis
    loveis

bttt

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

i'm very surprised i'm the only one here to have any ideas about this wt child molestion case? and even listen to the tape and can come with some feelings. i'm learning a lot listening to this tape. i only hope some others will join in. john I am sure others will comment Johnny. I plan on listening to it on the weekend when I can pay attention to the legal arguments. One thing is certain, overturning lower court decisions is an up hill battle. I only hope that the connection was made between the extreme control the WT has through the elders to keep internal matters concealed. If the lawyer was successfull in demonstrating the depth that the control exists and connects that to other religious instituions taking legal and financial responsibility world wide (often by force) then maybe there's a shot a breaking through that notion that the WT seems to think they have a broad licence to abuse minors and keep it a secret.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

loveis,

I listened to the entire 43 minute court transcript. I started posting a comment on this, but I will reserve comment on it until I can do so when I feel that my opinion is objective. OK.... now I'm ready.

Because right now, I just detest the piece of shit organization that can take, likely their most intelligent person around, and make him into a puppet for their propaganda. Sadly, he thinks he is doing the right thing, but in reality, he has a complete and flagrant disregard for human welfare, as proven by his repeated FUCKING BULLSHIT statements such as when he said that the elders could not be responsible, since they were not ordained, yet they were not ordained, and therefore could not be responsible. Did anyone hear/see it differently?

This stuff upsets me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad

• loveis
    loveis

bttt

• loveis
    loveis

The WTS lawyer says the child abuse reporting law "has nothing to do with this case because it is a criminal statute." ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit