Elders: When talking about confidential matters... Don't:

by DaCheech 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Use wireless phones....... Someone might be spying

Believe it or not, the Circuit Overseer made sure "we" all knew about this policy

What others things must the elders make sure?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

However it is ok for an elder to call another elder with his cell phone and then place the phone in his pocket while talking to someone. This is commonly done so that the person does not know there is a "second witness" to any confessions he makes to the "lone" elder.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Home or cellular? I imagine it would be home phone use. It is more difficult to eavesdrop on a cellular conversation than it is with a residential wireless phone. In fact, it is downright near impossible to "listen" in on a cellular conversation these days. Whereas is it very easy to sit outside an elder's house in the dark and clip on a butt-set to his Network Interface Unit mounted to his house wall. Then it doesn't matter what type of phone he uses, wired or wireless. Cellular-to-cellular is still the best way to go for privacy.

• bebu
    bebu
    However it is ok for an elder to call another elder with his cell phone and then place the phone in his pocket while talking to someone. This is commonly done so that the person does not know there is a "second witness" to any confessions he makes to the "lone" elder.

You're kidding!

... Right? (I think that this is patently illegal, to record a person's converesation without their express consent.)

bebu

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

How about not talking to their spouse about confidential matters? That's how your private matters get to be known all over the place.

As a matter of fact, I've never used the elders for any of my private matters. Whenever I come upon a problem, I solve it myself!

DY

• catchthis
    catchthis
    illegal, to record a person's converesation without their express consent

...in some states

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

However it is ok for an elder to call another elder with his cell phone and then place the phone in his pocket while talking to someone. This is commonly done so that the person does not know there is a "second witness" to any confessions he makes to the "lone" elder

Oh yes,i will concur with this.I know of an occasion in my old Congregation.sneaky and i would definitely think bordering on the illegal.

• jwbot
    jwbot

cordless phone. not cellular. But yeah you got the idea.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Elders have been counseled at so called "elder schools" which are held in each circuit or district every two or three years not to use cordless phones when talking about confidential congregational or judical matters, but rather to use a "land line" phone. I have heard no such counsel on cell phones.

At those same schools, elders are coached to always have another elder on the line when you call a publisher concerning any serious matter, whether judicial or not, and to clearly identify when you call that so-and-so is on the other line.

Bill: Hi, Susan, I've got Ed on the other line so he can join us.

Ed: Hi, Susan.

Susan: (sweating) Uh, okay.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey Da,

Took my first boxing lesson today.

Anyway... What a joke.

Why is it that WE ALL know why and for what reason someone in our cong got disfellowshipped.

I don't think I ever NOT knew someone in the cong's business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit