Need help compiling a list of the latest changes in doctrine and practices

by jwfacts 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Wow!     That chariot is storming ahead!  There is no way I can keep up🚶
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

That recent Anti masturbation video brings Watchtower teaching tactics to climactic high..  I can't wait to see their alleged new video -- the one that opposes oral sex.

• carla
    carla
    Thank you for compiling this list! It is hard to keep up with changes.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Another change or shall I say deletion was the 'Pioneer Assist Others' program.

I remember back in 1998 with its inception there were several Service Meeting parts that were designed to build support for the program.  Then years went by without a whisper about the program.   Then in a 2010 BOE letter (I believe) it was announced that 'while it did accomplish its intended purpose' it would be layed to rest!

Some have said that it was deleted for legal reasons.   Others have said that instead of Pioneers helping others spiritually-the reverse was the case!  Due to too close association with inactive and spiritually weak ones,  too many Pioneers were being assisted in waking up to the truth....'bad association spoils useful habits' (Ha, Ha, Ha)!!!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Apostates were "mentally diseased." A changed to these words in the Revised New World translation.

Comparison:

Watchtower, July 15, 2011 "Apostates are mentally diseased...(1 Tim 6:3,4)"

New World translation Reference Bible (1984) - 1 Timothy 6:4 - "mentally diseased" 

Revised New World translation (2013) - 1 Timothy 6:4 - "obsessed"

The word "obsessed" nullifies the below comment found in the Watchtower July 15, 2011 if the new revised version of the bible was used:

Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are "obsessed," and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome thread Jwfacts!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! 

Sometimes there are so many topics and issues that it sends my head into a confused spin trying to keep up! 

This thread has helped to crystallise everything well

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower has deprecated the "good news about Jesus Christ" and hidden it behind the "good news about the Kingdom" for many decades, with few able to call them out on it (Acts 8:12).

It is really quite odd that they were able to pull this off for so long since more than half the bible's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul and yet he never once uses the word "kingdom" in the same sentence!

This deceptive slight of hand was exposed forcing a surreptitious but major turnaround in 2011:

*** w11 6/15 p. 7 par. 3 There Is Good News That All Need ***
    Could it be, though, that we might give little attention to a key aspect of the good news that people need? In the letter to the Romans, the apostle Paul used the word “kingdom” only once, but he used the expression “good news” 12 times. (Read Romans 14:17.) What aspect of the good news did Paul refer to so often in that book? Why is that particular good news vital? And why should we keep it in mind as we preach “the good news of God” to people in our territory?

*** w11 6/15 p. 11 par. 21 There Is Good News That All Need ***
    How rewarding it is to help honesthearted ones to understand the good news mentioned repeatedly in the book of Romans, the good news that “is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith.”

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow lots of changes!

What about micro changes? Like the fact you can now clap for reinstated people. Or dropping the announcement section of the meeting. Or changing the district convention to the regional convention. Are they too trivial? Or are they changes of interest too?

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

Splash shared a huge long list of flip flops with us as his magnum opus. Great resource.

https://goo.gl/zYkAfZ

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit