ELDER'S SON- CHILD ABUSE UPDATE

by Corvin 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Corvin
    Corvin

I called and reported the abuse of a 17 year old elders son to CPS yesterday: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/79588/1.ashx

He was a good friend of my daughters when they were still living at their mom and stepdads and were made to attend meetings.

Today, I went to C's school accompanied by Nancy and Elese. I met with one of the VP's, a really wonderful lady, who was also very concerned and was determined to help. Bless the luck, because, she is catholic and has an aunt and uncle and cousins who years ago started drifting and shunning the family when they became Jehovah's Witnesses.

The meeting went well and she would be calling C into the office for a talk today.

C just called and is talking to Nancy right now as I am writing this. He is calling against the direct orders of his mom and elder-dad, and I can't wait to find out what happened. I will come back later and update this thread.

Corvin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Please keep us up to date!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I can't wait to hear about it Corvin.

• Corvin
    Corvin

OK, C seemed to be calling just to have somebody to talk to. Nancy "use to" have a big crush on this boy, but he never really paid much attention to her in that way. Now he is calling her, tho, and there could be lots of reasons for this. I am thinking that it is good that he is reaching out to her, and I think he senses that because of what Nancy has been through, he will get an empathetic ear, and it is OUTSTANDING that he is calling knowing that his dad is an elder and that Nancy's dad is the biggest and latest apostate threat to the local congregations. Part of me is enjoying the irony in this, yet, I step carefully because we are dealing with lives and the emotional well being of children.

During Nancy's conversation with C, he did not mention CPS or the school VP talking to him, so apparently it has not happened yet. Nancy was about to tell him what was up and what to expect when his parents came home and he had to hang up abruptly. Nancy told him to call anytime for anything.

That's it for now. More later.

Corvin

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Corvin,

I really empathize with "C". KUDOS to you for making CPS and, as Scully advised, the school counsellor, aware of C's terrible agony. KUDOS to Nancy for stepping up to the plate with all that she's recently dealt with. She will definitely help him to experience a supportive relationship for a change. That from my personal experience, is a powerful healing agent to someone who's been battered emotionally and psychologically onto a self-destructive course. I'm glad someone stepped in before it did any more long term damage to his psyche.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Nancy, to some extent, is in denial and suffers from stockholm syndrome. She does not want to have anything to do with the religion, she is clear on that, but the desire to have her mother's love blinds her to the distinctions she needs to accept. Therapy is helping.

She cares alot about C, and I hope seeing him go through the same things will awaken her and get her to reach out more confidently. I hope that she will see the bigger picture and realize what my other two daughters have come to accept, namely, that mother's love, right now, is indistiguishable from the religion. The two are so tangled together that they cannot be separated. The other two have come to accept that to give up "the truth" is the same as giving up mom's love and they go on carrying the scars but happily living their lives without the abuse. But those terms are layed out by the mom and the WTBTS. For them is far better.

C has much to go through still, and I am hoping Nancy will soon come to the point where she can confidently take him by the hand and really support him with all of her knowledge and experience.

C has always worked in his elder-dad's business (auto glass i think). His father is constantly angry at C and yelling and hitting him. C recently told his elder-dad that he does not want to work with him anymore, but dad will not let C go out and get a job anywhere else. He is only permitted to work with other bros who have their own businesses. This is definitely a control tactic to insulate C from the real world and keep in inside the org. I told Nancy that if worse comes worse, C could come and stay with us until he gets on his feet and can take care of himself. I meant that. God, how I wish I could open some kind of facility for JW teens to go to for shelter and protection from the religious persecution and emotional abuse of their parents, one that offers counselling and mandates structured visits with their kids and mandatory family counselling . . . which is my ultimate aim.

Corvin

• outnfree
    outnfree
    God, how I wish I could open some kind of facility for JW teens to go to for shelter and protection from the religious persecution and emotional abuse of their parents, one that offers counselling and mandates structured visits with their kids and mandatory family counselling . . . which is my ultimate aim.

Corvin

What a wonderful goal! It's so true, isn't it, that only ex-JWs/JWs can really understand?

outnfree

• metatron
    metatron

I commend you for the powerful work of exposure you're doing. Hearing about 'worldly

people' who have shunning/cultish Witness relatives is very encouraging too, as more and more

word spreads about how cold hearted and twisted Witnesses can be.

excellent work

metatron

• bebu
    bebu
    God, how I wish I could open some kind of facility for JW teens to go to for shelter and protection from the religious persecution and emotional abuse of their parents, one that offers counselling and mandates structured visits with their kids and mandatory family counselling . . . which is my ultimate aim.

Corvin, I used to work at a teenage emergency shelter.

I think you should look to see what temporary shelters are available for teens in your area. Contact the director, and let him know that you might be able to give some insight and assistance to the counselors there should they deal with JW kids. The staff where I worked were open to assistance and information that would give better insight into the troubles kids face.

Anyway, it's a good place to start. You don't need to reinvent the wheel, if it's already there for you. Instead, go augment it.

bebu

• Corvin
    Corvin

Thanks, Bebu. I will definitely look into it.

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit