millions now living will never die 2000-2001 wt or awake?

by johnny cip 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I guess when people start loosing their faith in the WT bulls--t. Their number will dwindle

to below 1million. How will they explain this "millions now living...."

Time is the enemy of a false prophet!

• shotgun
    shotgun

I have this posted over in bebu's thread johnny...I like the final statement they make..it's in the Proclaimers book

*** jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within ***

In the lecture Millions Now Living Will Never Diedelivered by J. F. Rutherford on March 21, 1920, at the Hippodrome in New York City, attention was directed to the year 1925. On what basis was it thought to be significant? In a booklet published in that same year, 1920, it was pointed out that if 70 full Jubilees were calculated from what was understood to be the date when Israel entered the Promised Land (instead of starting after the last typical Jubilee before the Babylonian exile and then counting to the beginning of the Jubilee year at the end of the 50th cycle), this could point to the year 1925. On the basis of what was said there, many hoped that perhaps the remaining ones of the little flock would receive their heavenly reward by 1925. This year also was associated with expectations for resurrection of faithful pre-Christian servants of God with a view to their serving on earth as princely representatives of the heavenly Kingdom. If that really occurred, it would mean that mankind had entered an era in which death would cease to be master, and millions then living could have the hope of never dying off the earth. What a happy prospect! Though mistaken, they eagerly shared it with others.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I hate that JW expression! So many people have been deceived by it, and still continue to be.

DY

• Corvin
    Corvin
    In the early 1920?s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah?s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." This may have reflected overoptimism at that time.

OMG, that was NOT just overoptimism at that time. The assertion that "millions now living will never die", and that the end would come in 1925, was presented as absolute indisputable fact. Backpeddling anyone?

Corvin

• gumby
    gumby
    That means that in a best case scenario, only 14% (999,999,999) of the worlds population will survive

Oh My God!

Elsewhere has just dicovered some new light we all missed!

Before this statement was made that he quoted above, the last count that was to survive armageddon was only 1 % of mankind......rememeber? ( blondie can prolly find that quote also)

Gumby

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Parody:

w2017 1/1 p. 11 Let All Glorify Jehovah, Still! ***

In the early 1920?s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah?s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." This was echoed in a 1997 Watchtower article. This may have reflected overoptimism at those times. But today that statement can be made with even greater confidence. Both the ever increasing light on Bible prophecy and the anarchy of this dying world cry out that the end of Satan?s system is very, very, very near! The Memorial report for 2017 shows that 13,104,788 attended, of whom only 666 (00005 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by having the emblems fed to them intravenously.

• gumby
    gumby

Dang....he's good!

Gumby

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

having the emblems fed to them intravenously.

That goes inline with what they are supposed to do with annointed ones not capable of going to the hall!

The elders are supposed to go to them! I wonder if the doctors would let them do this!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Anyway, by 2017..... I wonder how many really are of this class?

• shotgun
    shotgun

XJW...LOL

The Memorial report for 2017 shows that 13,104,788 attended, of whom only 666 (00005 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by having the emblems fed to them intravenously.

They of course have passed on most of the duties to the Nirvana class which were identified in the mid 1990's shortly after Kurt Cobain tragically died.

As a side note the artist formerly known as Prince who was once again known as Prince but is currently known as Brother Prince will be performing "Party like it's 2034 not 1974" at the upcoming District Convention which is entitled "Hold your nose folks, something smells like a polecats ass"...

Praise Jah you people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit