millions now living will never die 2000-2001 wt or awake?

by johnny cip 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

around 2000 or 2001 there was and wt or awake. that said" we can confidently say today that millions now living will never die" as to say this applied to today or this generation. i had many arguements with jw's at the time on this one quote. my line was ; if a child was born today and lived to 100 or even 120 years old . this is saying that the world would end in his life time. i really had them upset with this quote. but some how lost my copy. when i bring it up these days . the jw's i pounded on this article seem to forget all about it and can't find it. i need help finding this quote. it was one either the back cover or next to last page of some mag. thank you . john

• blondie
    blondie

*** w99 5/1 p. 7 Everyone Will Be Free ***

Millions now living will see the "restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time," including a restoration of peace, freedom, and justice to the whole human family.?Acts 3:21.

• kls
    kls

Blondie you are so smart and quick with answers that you scare me ,,,,,,LOL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting how they don't say "Billions"

Last I checked they human population is well on it's way to seven billion.

That means that in a best case scenario, only 14% (999,999,999) of the worlds population will survive.

• blondie
    blondie

Just a computer and a WT-CD, kls.

How's autumn going. I think I'm going to have some hot cider tonight.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover

Bill Maher on his HBO show the other night said that a recent poll showed that 17% of Americans think that the world is going to "end" in their lifetime.

He was just flabbergasted at that. Nuclear bombs maybe, war definately...but that the world was going to "end"...no life..total extinction... it was unthinkable on his part. He couldn't believe that anyone would think that way. I guess he's never met a Jehovah's Witness, huh?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

blondie : thats real close. and i also think it was a may mag. but i'm sure it was on the back cover or next to last page. and it said "we can confidently say today million now living will never die." it's very possible the bound vol's and cd have been changed it could be 1999? I'M MORE SURE it's 2000 or 2001. if you can find it ty. if not thanx again. but i'm very sure it's there. i had a few dozen jw's over a barrel on this quote at the time. thank you john

• blondie
    blondie

I've looked Johnny but can't find the exact wording you describe. Here's an interesting one though. "Very, very near" and that was almost 8 years ago.

w97 1/1 p. 11 Let All Glorify Jehovah! ***
    In the early 1920?s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah?s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." This may have reflected overoptimism at that time. But today that statement can be made with full confidence. Both the increasing light on Bible prophecy and the anarchy of this dying world cry out that the end of Satan?s system is very, very near! The Memorial report for 1996 shows that 12,921,933 attended, of whom only 8,757 (.068 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by partaking of the emblems
  • kls
    kls

Blondie i can handle fall it's winter that sucks. Cider? not a bad idea maybe i will join you ,,,,,Cheers

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

yes blondie that's the line . it was also in a 2000 or 2001 maybe 2002 wt or awakeIn the early 1920?s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah?s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." This may have reflected overoptimism at that time. But today that statement can be made with full confidence.. this is a prophecy. there is no way around it. this is basically saying the world will end in the next 100-120 years at the most. if children born at the time of printing this, there would have to be millions of them still alive. when armageddon happens. it's like saying the world will end by the year 2100. and that's the arguement i used. if you press a jw on this statement , it's very hard for them to get out of it. thank you again . john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit