Overcoming the Need for Approval.

by Frannie Banannie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Good point markfromcali... I agree that employers hardly make it worth your while to be this model employee . It's different if there is a future of financial freedom involved but oft times it boils down to surviving on a paycheck from week to week and the demands to work more hours just to make ends meet get more and more commonplace while wages stay low . They don't even like to reward your efforts but will always find reasons to keep the wages low .

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I agree that employers hardly make it worth your while to be this model employee . It's different if there is a future of financial freedom involved but oft times it boils down to surviving on a paycheck from week to week and the demands to work more hours just to make ends meet get more and more commonplace while wages stay low . They don't even like to reward your efforts but will always find reasons to keep the wages low .

Exactly, yall! Which is why I'm goin' independent contractor for my services.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

One of my favorite movie lines is from Office Space, where he tells the two efficiency analysts: "You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy - it's just that I don't care." People who are attached to work ethics may find that disturbing in some way, but frankly if the employers cared then the employees may be more inclined to care.

Being in retail I also see the difference between the ideal corporate has about their little promotions, pushing the sale and so forth - and the reality of dealing with real people and running a store. If you really were to get things done you don't have time to be concerned about approval, but of course if you want your people to be in fear of losing their job or something that's a nice motivator.

So it's similar with any interpersonal dynamic, there's what people would like, what meets their approval, and reality. It's like guess what, reality isn't always going to match up with you and your little standards - which more often than not doesn't mean a whole lot anyway.

• heathen
    heathen

frannie ---- Just curious here but what kind of service are you in ?

markfromcali--- That's 100% true . I've noticed the companies in texas are very cheezy . Even the teamster union is worthless . I've had union companies tell me they exspect the work of 2 people out of 1 and the union had nothing to say about it .. How ignorant is that ? The company in question is UPS . The minimum wage at the time was something like 3.35 and they paid 8 . So now they think they have the right to demand somebody to work like 2 people? Man ,no wonder I want out of texas in a big way . I'ts like working for cut throats around here .

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Heathen, I'm in the Home Health profession, taking care of oldsters and youngsters who're invalid, bed ridden or suffering health problems to the point that they need someone with them most all the time.

BTW, WalMart has some work ethic problems with their handling of employee's responsibilities, too....check it out.

• heathen
    heathen

Frannie --- I don't envy you in the least . It really does take a special person to do that kind of work . I don't think I could deal with all the problems associated with type of employment . I hope you are making good money at it . It might be interesting if you wrote about some of your experiences .

I agree walmart sucks as an employer from what I heard on the news they were making people work off the clock . Who the hell gets away with that in this day and age ? Jeeeezzzzuuuuuuuusssssssssssss H . caaahhhhhhhriiiiiiiisssssssst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit