Elder arranges for Convicted JW Child Abuser to go on study w/woman & kids

by blondie 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

http://silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=294

Now Heroux has done a year in prison, followed by home confinement for two years on an electronic bracelet, probation for two years and parole for life. It was later discovered after Heroux was newly released from prison that an elder in his new congregation was in the process of arranging for Heroux to conduct a bible study with a woman and her two small children.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Unbelievable

• codeblue
    codeblue

it is "totally unbelievable".......

Why would any elder set up that arrangement? Don't they know of his past????

• under74
    under74

They don't care about what he's been convicted of. That elder probably just thinks of this guy as "one of us" and that's all that matters to them. Any convictions made by the government are, I'm sure, looked at as persucution against JWs...nevermind the victims...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

gotta keep those bible study numbers up for the next CO visit!

jerks

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What is wrong with JW elders??????????? Are they fcking morons????????????

• under74
    under74

Yes, yes they are Elsewhere.

• kls
    kls

When i read stories like this it just enrages me . I take it personally like it could me kids or my grand kids. I f one of this SOB would ever be around my family i would tear him apart.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    What is wrong with JW elders??????????? Are they fcking morons????????????

Yes they are Else............

I know because I used to be one! And even though something like this would have made me very upset.......being an elder and wanting to do what I thought was right according to the "standards" I was indoctrinated in, I would have more than likely done the same thing.

But at least now..........I have "sense" and "human decency" and no longer follow a mentally, emotionally and spiritually diseased organisation. I thank God for that! I only hope that any mistakes I made as a JW will not be held against me by humans. I know that God forgives me, but it still hurts when I think about some of the jc's I was on and the decissions that were made.

HappyDad

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

P.S.

I am now visiting my daughter in Fort Myers, Florida and she just reminded me of some things I did as an elder.

Whenever I would "elder out" and try to do the "right thing", my late wife who was born and raised a jw would tell my daughter........"your father is being an a**hole again!" And you know what? She was right. I only realized that years after the fact. Oh........what one is willing to compromise for the approval of the 'powers that be"!

My daughter knows I would never argue with her as to how I was THEN! But at least...........now........she loves me unconditionally. That is a great reward.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit