I had the same experience.
I had been conditioned to suspect all apostate material as being lies to the point that even after about 3-4 years out I still feared looking at them.
I was initially put off by what I termed 'Hate Sites' by people that obviously had a grudge and wheeled out the same old stuff about the miracle wheat and trying to prove the trinity, John 1:1 etc... heard it all before.
Then I came across sites such as this one and Randy's site and found some very well researched material and well written life experiences. I believe that as we are accused of producing lies, we have an added responsibility to ensure that all JW related stuff we post is well researched and balanced. A newly interested person <g> may be put off by something that has innaccuracies as this would only reenforce the message that it is all lies.
From these sites and some of the books I have read I am now convinced that:-
- The WTS is just another religion
- They are not inspired or guided by God, proof being their handling of child abuse issues.
- There are massive flaws in their chronology (1914) and have clearly cooked the chronological books
- Rutherford took control of and used for his own ends the WT and was not the spiritual brother we were led to believe
- The whole thing has become a Totalitarian Theocracy of a scale not seen since Stalin
- Their massive prophetic failures and doctrinal knots result in their constantly shoring up their doctrine
- The internet will make these truths evident to more and more people and is having an impact.