A THORN IN HIS ASS?

by Mecurious? 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I have a question about the Apostle Paul. In 2cor 12:7 he talks about a thorn in his flesh. What was it? I have never been able to get a good answer on this. The insight book lists eye problems. false prophets or the like. This never made sense to me. Why couldn't the bible just tell us what the problem was instead of keeping it hush hush and secretive?

Can anyone help.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think he was a masterbater. Not that that was a problem. His problem was his feeling guilty about it. Uncleanness, you know.

S

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I've also heard that he might have been gay.

M'

• bigboi
    bigboi
    I've also heard that he might have been gay.

That's what I always thought it was.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I heard he liked small farm animals . . .

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I think he was a secret devotee of Smurf memorabilia and loud singing.

CZAR

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Something that stopped him being too proud - due to his revelations

Ever tried loving an enemy that hates you (physically) on a daily basis ?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If you read the passage in its context, Paul is talking about boasting about his visions and ecstasies of the Lord. Many scholars believe that he is here referring to a physical condition related to his having visions, likely a form of temporal lobe epilepsy.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

If you read the passage in its context, Paul is talking about boasting about his visions and ecstasies of the Lord. Many scholars believe that he is here referring to a physical condition related to his having visions, likely a form of temporal lobe epilepsy. Okay, I guess I can buy that. Its just as good an explanation as any. Other research indicates that the thorn may have been: Incessant temptation, dogged opponents, chronic maladies (such as eye problems (Galatians 4:15), malaria, migraine headaches, and epilepsy), to a disability in speech etc. M'

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Satanus is clearly correct. Even Paul himself said at 1 Corinthians 9:7: "I pummel my body...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit