Poll-----Did The Internet Help You Get Out Of The Organization??

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Maggreggor's (sp) site actually scared me off! I think the typical searching JW would be afraid of that site. Too condemnatory for me at the time.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Nah..not in 1972, there was no net.

My doubts centred around the WT's interpretation of Revelation, the FDS, disfellowshipping, the subjection of women and the insistence that all non-JW's would die at Armageddon, children included.

Common sense told me that those things were just not right.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Eman---You were WAY ahead of your time!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah, but I also wanted more sex.

Actually what I wanted was more sex with more people..

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps the organization will change that view too.

• gumby
    gumby
    My doubts centred around the WT's interpretation of Revelation, the FDS, disfellowshipping, the subjection of women and the insistence that all non-JW's would die at Armageddon, children included.

What's sad is that these "doubts" as mentioned, do not surface untill later in a witnesses life. The average converted witness doesn't realise the full spectrum of witness teachings till later, and the average witness born in the truth doesn't realise these things until they begin thinking for themselves, or they begin listening to others who ALREADY think for themselves...........................like 'others' on this site.

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

I read my first apostate book in 1978. Then I thought I had to check it out. Then I heard an ex-JW on Ankerberg's TV show say that all JWs were required to toss Way to Paradise by Van Amburgh into the fire. I knew that wasn't true because a close relative had one and laughed when I asked. I also found a copy in the Brooklyn Bethel library. Hardly the place to keep a book that was required to be burned. It wasn't locked away either. So then I wondered. The actions of people at the KH finally decided me. I went out on the Internet in 1995. My first contacts were JWs. I was treated like crap by these so-called JWs so I went out and to find another DB. Simon was just starting up and things seemed tame and I decided to do some research before I got involved with a group again.

The short story is I was on the edge of the cliff looking over and the Internet pushed me off or made me jump more likely. It was great knowing I wasn't the only one and having my suspicions confirmed.

Blondie

• Soledad
    Soledad

I had been IA for about 18 months before searching the internet. When I did, it just all "clicked." I knew somethings were'nt right, but I didn't know what. Freeminds and Support Group for Ex-JWs were the sites I visited.

• minimus
    minimus

Please tell me more about "Way to Paradise". Was this against the "truth"?

• blondie
    blondie

min, please tell you don't know that Van Amburgh was Rutherford's right hand man and was in prison with him. He wrote the Way to Paradise in which 1925 was put forth as the day when the new system would arrive.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55743/1.ashx

Here's the topic to refresh your memory.

I have heard other comments made that the WTS made people burn books, but never found that to be an official directive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit