Demons and feathers

by Narkissos 14 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

I haven't been on this forum long enough to understand the thing with the smurfs, but it makes me laugh to think about it..it just sounds silly!

My JW friend scared me enough one night into throwing away all my horror movies like Children of the Corn..(I'm glad I threw that one away though) and Mothmen Prophecies and stuff. They have some stories in the congregations that can scare the crap out of anyone who is gullable enough to beleive them, or just easily scared. I was both lol

That feather thing is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard....GEEZ...now I'm gonna be scared of my pillows. lol

~Sarah

• professor
    professor

Sounds like a hallucination to me. For instance, an LSD trip might draw one to tear their pillow apart and find "strange artwork" inside. Serious illness could have a similar effect.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Reading books and magazines, listening to talks, associating with people that often speak of demons and all the dangers they are supposed to be for humans, is bound to cause phobia .

I had a jw friend who was intelligent and had common sense. Except when it came to the witness teachings and beliefs.

He had several experiences that I was convinced were "sleep paralysis" but there was no way to get him to accept that.

So he and the elders did their search for demons. They damn near tore his house apart. Finally they learned that he had bought a "used tire" for his car. Ah ha! this had to be it. They took the tire to the trash dump and low and behold the demon went away.

Now he is convinced that demons were after him. It wasn't too long after that, that we went different directions and so I don't know if he had any further experiences of sleep paralysis. Though I am sure he did.

The U.S. News & World Report magazine had a list of phobias that I never new existed. Here is some of the list.

GAMOPHOBIA FEAR OF MARRIAGE " OH YEAH"

ANUPTAPHOBIA FEAR OF STAYING SINGLE. "YEAH, GOT BOTH OF THOSE"

EPHEBIPHOBIA FEAR OF TEENAGERS "FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE"

RHYTIPHOBIA FEAR OF GETTING WRINKLES " DAMNED WRINKLES ANYWAY"

ARACHIBUTYROPHOBIA FEAR OF PEANUT BUTTER STICKING TO ROOF OF MOUTH ??????

HOMILOPHOBIA FEAR OF SERMONS. "NOW THERE IS ONE I UNDERSTAND"

ONOMATOPHOBIA FEAR OF CERTAIN WORDS "HMM WATCHTOWER? SERVICE? TALK?"

NOVERCAPHOBIA FEAR OF STEPMOTHER "THATS A GOOD ONE-- letter from mother "

COULROPHOBIA FEAR OF CLOWNS "HMMM ELDERS ??"

CATAGELOPHOBIA FEAR OF RIDICULE "LISTENING TO THE CO TALKS??"

EUPHOBIA FEAR OF GOOD NEWS "THAT'S A STRANGE ONE."

There are quite a few more in this list.

Thought you might get a kick out of this.

I did.

Outoftheorg

• Fleur
    Fleur

never heard the feathers thing but heard all the rest ,smurfs, garage sales/vintage antiques, etc...all that rot.

I could retire if I still had all the stars wars collectables my mother made me pitch in my teens when she was sure there were demons in the house. She STILL thinks that my dad brings demons into the house (he's not spiritual enough for her liking) and actually has YHWH written on paper and taped over all her doorways and other weird s***.

But idols are wrong...LOL

"EUPHOBIA FEAR OF GOOD NEWS "THAT'S A STRANGE ONE.""

now, fear of THE "good news" I can understand...and the fear of semons. Definitely have that phobia bigtime.

love

essie

• Gill
    Gill

Does anyone remember that horrible Awake couple of articles on demonism in Africa? There was a case reported in it supposedly of a mother visiting a witch doctor and she heard a scream and when she rushed out of the hut she found that her daughter"s head had been twisted all the way round by a demon.

I was never sure whether to believe that or not though I always veered on the side of NOT.

Some murdering git got away with murder that day, if the story had any basis in truth at all.

But it all adds to the JW hysteria with regard to these things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit