Unwritten prophecies of JWs,

by Brummie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I remember this one.

Following this there was the implication of the birds multiplying in unusual numbers, which hinted that they were being gathered for armaggedon...

HappyDad

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Um that the end must be close because people are more violent (wait i think thats a written one). Because people are less violent (um here.... at least in the good neigborhoods). That there are more open homosexuals(I don't know how but it must relate to sodom and gonorrhea). There are less homosexuals (then aids moved on to black people so now its less everybody). That the economy is too good (because people are buying and selling). Because the economy is too bad (because people aren't buying and selling like they used to)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I remember getting all excited because the CO mentioned that the Society has "not seen fit to schedule next year's district convention yet", hinting that they somehow knew there was no need for it. <wink, wink>

I believe they did eventually schedule that convention. Or maybe Armageddon came. I really don't recall, it's been awhile...

• La Capra
    La Capra

Avi

Then there was the 1986 year of peace and security, in 1985 this was made a big issue at the "integrity keepers" convention, we were really expecting the outbreak of sudden destruction even though it wasnt written down
    I remember that BS.

Me too. It was sitting at the convention in 1987, after 1986 had passed, free and clear of armaggedon, that I allowed myself the freedom to imagine life without all this BS. I DAed the following October. Shoshana (of the take a few months to get my ducks in a row class)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is written to expect the declaration of "Peace and Security" just before the end, when dubs get ussered into paradise and apostates get turned into toast - but when George Bush 1st once mentioned a "New World Order" then we just knew that the end was imminent.

Recently I heard a new expression by one of those who claims to know about these things, that "The Society know whow is of the real anointed and the numbers are perhaps no more than 4000" To explain why the memorial partakers are not declining.

• AlanB
    AlanB
    Following this there was the implication of the birds multiplying in unusual numbers, which hinted that they were being gathered for armaggedon...

I remember this one, it passed down through the gossip mill. Suddenly we all started seeing birds.

My theory for this was:-

The number of birds (black carrion birds in the UK) was directly proportional to the amount of roadkill on the roads, which in turn was directly proprtional to the volume of traffic on Britains roads.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Brothers in my area started speculating the end (withing weeks) when they heard the berlin wall fell!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Lets face it the JW's will use anything that happens in the world as an excuse to say that the "end is near" . If the First and Second WOrld Wars weren't the sign the "end was near" what will be good enough, for them. They pick up on every little happening.

I had them telling me the first war against Iraq was the beginning of the end. Now I have the same guys telling me this Iraq war is the beginning of the end.

Are they working on the assumption that they will be right one day?

They can turn any event either way to say God is doing this or the Devil is doing it. Not just worldwide happenings but things that happen to the ordinary person they twist.

I read a while ago of a guy who left the JW's and DA'd. His buisness eventually collapsed, mainly because most of his work was with JW's, once he DA'd they stopped coming to him, and he became bankrupt. The JW's said it showed how God dealt with those who left the WT.

The guy picked himself up, and spent the following years rebuilding his buisness. Which became more prosperous than before. What did the JW's say? "See how Satan supports those who leave the WT."

The guy said reason he has done better was because he was no longer dealing with JW's. Because before he thought he was helping his "brothers and sisters" given them discounts, giving them time to pay etc. Also because he was always encouraged not to have to much business dealings with non-JW's. Now that he deals with non-JW's a vast new business field opened up to him.

No matter what happens in the world or what happens to you personally the JW's will always find an excuse for it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    The JW's said it showed how God dealt with those who left the WT.

The guy picked himself up, and spent the following years rebuilding his buisness. Which became more prosperous than before. What did the JW's say? "See how Satan supports those who leave the WT."

This is the JW sindrome.

My friend that is in his mid 40's has a hard time finding a sister (since there are few, and they're either psychos or picky themselves),

he also lost a good amount of money in stocks. Well the brothers told hime that Satan attacks his people, and he can expect not to succeeed!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I remember the "unwritten" tho thoroughly discussed prophecy about the birds, Brummie. In one congregation, the P.O. even asked whether or not we had seen how HUGE the crows were getting, and that their numbers were increasing.............hehe..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit