UPDATE: Protest Rally for TUESDAY , October 19 at the Queen's Bench

by Dogpatch 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

The CANADIAN branch has never used their lawyers to defend Pedophiles directly

With all due respect Uzzah, I do not agree with that statement. They may not be lawyer of record for the abuser but if they are providing legal advise whether it is over the phone or through elders to the abuser does that not qualify as offering direct legal help in a defence for the abuser?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Outoftheorg.

If you read my posts you will know i agree it does happen and it is shit.Clearly that is so in your case.Im sorry for you and i wish the Guilty party all manner of terrible things.But i sincerely wish you and yours all the very best.

little toe

Im aware of the Panorama programme.A nasty piece of doorstep Journalism.But of course i felt for the poor Girl in Scotland.Please read my posts carefully.I am no fan of the Organization ,but i feel they would not (99%of the time any way)knowingly allow Child molesters in their midst.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

So, it doesn't require 10,000 or 50,000 cases of child molestation to bring down the house of cards. The existance of a single case is enough when you claim divine backing.

I admit that is a good point Running man.

I am no fan of the Organization ,but i feel they would not (99%of the time any way)knowingly allow Child molesters in their midst.

But according to testimonials they have. What you are saying Fleaman is that your experiences with the WT lead you to believe that these people are all liars. Many of us have had different experiences than you. You are very fortunate to not have had these types of bad experiences. It's good that inpite of that you are here with an open mind at JWD to share your thoughts with others.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

You are very fortunate to not have had these types of bad experiences.

That is true happy guy ...but my heart goes out to those that have,i cannot begin to imagine the horror of not being believed when being molested..I think personally,i just like to be rational in everythig re.my Jw past.It seems to me that so many here who havenot experienced such terrible things are just so blinded by hate towards Jw they just pile in with the vitriol.just an observation.

I agree with your observation about being blinded by hate. I am not sure if I would agree with your obsevation about "many" here but certainly there are some. In fact there are some who are even completely oblivious to their hate. I think it comes with the territory especially in a website forum. But in all fairness I have also met JWs who are blind with hate towards anyone who does not subscribe to their beliefs about God. Many of them are oblivious to their own hate too. That too comes with the territory. Hopefully you will be able to appreciate those here who clearly do not have hate but do have issues with the way they were treated (or in some cases continue to be treated) by either certain JWs, elders or the WT itself.

• Quotes
    Quotes

============================
    i feel they would not (99%of the time any way)knowingly allow Child molesters in their midst.
    =============================

Directly, intentionally, as a matter of directly stated policy, that may be true (and that is the defence that active JWs cling to).

However, the official policy ("we hate child abuse, it is disgusting and we do not condone it") rings hollow when compared with the actual policy demonstrated by how these cases are handled. They can say they hate abuse, but until their policies change, their words have no meaning.

I, too, know of a case... "Beans" sister, as a young 13 year old, and and elder in the hall. I don't know exactly what he did to her, but I do know that she told me:

"Do you know what he did to me? If I went to the police instead of the elder's, he'd be in jail right now."

It was never reported to police (regretably, even as a young teenager I failed to report to police what she told me. Why? Because the elders were handling it).

The punishment: the elder stepped down (or was asked to do so). That's it. The victim was told to try to put the past behind her and forgive her brother.

The other bushllit that bugs me: WT will say that in those cases the predator is not allowed to go in service alone, but since only two or three of them know about his perversion, those assigned to work with him are totally unaware. It would be too easy for the pervert to say to his unsuspecting guardian, "Gee, we would be faster if we split up and worked house-about." and the guardian would have no reason to say "NO".

Hello Watchtower, are you listening? This is the problem. As long as you keep ignoring the problem by fighting paper tigers and straw men, the problem continues. Wake up!

~Quotes, of the "Should have Called 911 in 1985" class

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hopefully you will be able to appreciate those here who clearly do not have hate but do have issues with the way they were treated (or in some cases continue to be treated) by either certain JWs, elders or the WT itself.

But of course that is the case.Im fully aware some have been treated extremely badly by Witnesses.Im only Faded,but i still get looked at like a piece of crap sometimes by those i used to know.Only 1 or 2 do it,but that is meaningless to me.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Just trying to bring this thread back to the topic ....

This monday at Queen's Bench Court House in Calgary , I will be appearing in court. There will be countless Watchtower Society lawyers there, trying to have the Civil Suit I filed against the Watchtower Society dismissed. I am organizing a Protest Rally for Monday , October 18 at the Queen's Bench to start at 11:00am. There is to be a Press Conference at 12:00noon. Would you be willing to support the Rally.Thanks.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Sorry, duplicate post..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit