Awake on Obesity (Nvember 8th, 2004)

by GermanXJW 18 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Candidly-nuts, who ever heard of a skinny Emu. You are the way you were meant to be and it is just fine.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Why do they have to be the cutting edge source for medical issues?

They are always wrong anyway. They are not worth the paper that it is printed on!

Why can't they stick to Jesus issues?

• SadElder
    SadElder

Recently certain Bethelites who were deemed at risk because of their weight have been required to engage in special exercise programs. These are programs that place during the regular work day and are not optional for those individuals. The word that came down was lose weight or go home.

A test program is underway using several target groups who will have regular one hour exercise programs tthree times a week as part of their Bethel service. The word from my Bethel healthcare contacts is that too many of the "family" are much to sedentary and something needs to be done to help them. Read that "e need to keep down health care costs."

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    By means of this, they can dedicate more years of productive service to God instead of dying an premature death.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip all you obese JW's!

• Soledad
    Soledad

man, JWs lllloooooovvvee their food!! McDonalds for breakfast before FS, Coffee and doughnut breaks 1 hour in, lunch break again at McDonalds, coffee and cake breaks again when visiting an elderly or sick person--it seems like all they do is eat!!

I don't know if this was customary in your congregations, but in mine, huge groups of JWs would be seen at the local Sizzlers or Applebees after the memorial each and every year.

Then there were the get-togethers. The very few I was invited to overflowed with food. Inevitably everyone took several trays of food home. Nothing like good Spanish cooking!! Especially after the Mexican brothers started to arrive to our congregation--WOW!!

Not surprising, my mother's new congregation is located right behind a McDonalds!! Imagine who's in there all day Saturday and Sunday? :)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Candidly-nuts, who ever heard of a skinny Emu. You are the way you were meant to be and it is just fine. thanks kls but its a lil too close to thanksgiving for me to feel comfortable with you looking at me like that ! REMEMBER... i am not your average big turkey! watchyer back ! lmao

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

LOL, what a joke. Live longer to spread gloom & doom, EXCEPT if you find yourself needing a blood transfusion :)

• minimus
    minimus

I read those 2 articles at my mother's this weekend. You know what the JWs will be watching for, right?? Going to all you can eat buffets.

• kls
    kls

Candidly-nuts i was looking at your beautiful plumage. Not your plumpness, I swear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit