Evolution and Man's Intelligence

by frankiespeakin 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was thinking this morning that we some where along the evolutionary trail we as a species developed a superior intelligence to other species. Where will it eventually lead,,I mean the evolution of our species could take a sharp right or left turn not to mention a complete U-turn.

Will we as a species ever keep progressing in our explots of technology or will we start a reversal? Will we come to a realization of some sort and see all this grasping to learn more and more as a waste of time and start a reversal in that direction of our evolution as far as intelligence goes? Will we come to some type of realization in the future that reverse the trend of our grasping to understand?

I know the answer to these questions are speculations but I think they are interesting speculations.

• willy_think
    willy_think

I believe the ladies chousing smart funny clever strong men as mates determine the intelligence of our speeches. They still look for these things in a mate today and always will hold true to that instinct

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Frankie,

Interesting question!

It seems to me from my limited reading of evolution books that humans haven't evolved at all for eons. This is because it's such a successful species (weed species). Species only evolve if there's a drastic environment change. As it is, humans are so prolific there's no evolution going on. It's the same as dinosaurs--they were so successful they didn't evolve for millions of years. What make them go extinct is an "ELE" extinction level event.

Pat

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

human females, not unlike gorillas are attracted to alpha male types, which make up 1 out of every 22 males, give or take.

beauty determined by genetic fitness, seen by proportion and symmetry plus the genetic immunal divergance play big factors

in rational but subconscious selection.....

then came the invention of beer....

and here we are, stupid and ugly.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Medical advances which allow for the genetically unhealthy( or disadvantaged) to reproduce will eventually cause our species to be less and less healthy in future generations. Does anyone see this as a threat to the future of our species?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Hey Frankie,

I think there is a difference between the grasping and intelligence itself, to put it another way the grasping activity is ultimately not all that intelligent.

When I was younger I basically thought intellectuals were cool, I wanted to be smart - but now I just think it's useful. So it's not that intelligence is undesirable in any way, but in the sense of a separate individual's capacity for problem solving it is limited, one can only get excited about it if it is not seen in a larger context. This is why people go for the intelligent mates and show off their intelligence to prospective mates isn't it? It's not so much that there is ultimately that much insight or anything but it's just the mental version of flexing your muscles, basically showing off and being impressed by someone else's display. (which granted may not be a flagrant poser kinda showing off, but the perception of impressiveness is still there) But as far as context goes, of course in the heat of the moment one only sees the other in terms of what that means for me, as a sexy babe or hunk, and not in any kind of larger context whether it's societal or something bigger.

Zen,

Classic. But of course, you know there are those who would disagree with you in that beer can make the ugliest of uglies appear beautiful.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Classic. But of course, you know there are those who would disagree with you in that beer can make the ugliest of uglies appear beautiful

appear true, but genetic health is decling while appearances thanks to beer goggles improves .

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Medical advances which allow for the genetically unhealthy( or disadvantaged) to reproduce will eventually cause our species to be less and less healthy in future generations. Does anyone see this as a threat to the future of our species?

Frankie, The real threat is divisiveness, such unnatural selection in reproduction or say plastic surgery for rich morons resulting in a kind of mistaken attraction is only a manifestation of that partial preference of the appearance of beauty or health. (again not that this kind of misperception is limited to physical appearance) This is kind of what I'm getting at in terms of a larger context. I mean hey, even if the human species survive but then the rest of the world is neglected and goes to the toilet, the quality of life would suck wouldn't it? So yeah, all separation and divisiveness between the mind and body, between survival and healthy living or whatever will come back and bite us in the ass at some point, simply because we have neglected the other side in our vision or lack of it. It basically calls for a kind of collective, wholistic intellegence that doesn't leave anything out.

• Mary
    Mary
    I was thinking this morning that we some where along the evolutionary trail we as a species developed a superior intelligence to other species.

Really? When did this happen?!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The concept of evolution "leading" us anywhere is fallacious. Not fellatious. Which would be evolutionarily self-defeating, although a damned good time.

Sorry, posting wildly again. Going mad. Gonna break 3 k soon... hur hur hur...

BUT

evolution doesn't lead us anywhere. It is random changes that natural selection picks up on. If anybody else says different, then they want a god.

Damn I love the band Clutch.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit