I Am Evil
I am considered evil by an entire religious organization that compares me to the biblical ?dog that has returned to its vomit?. According to this organization I have nothing but eternal damnation to look forward to. When my mother dies I will have to arrange her funeral according to the requirements outlined in her will. That means I will have to arrange for her funeral service to be given by Jehovah?s Witnesses. They will attend, and they will shun me ? refuse to acknowledge my existence. They will shun me because I wrote a letter to an elder explaining why I no longer believe the doctrines of the Watchtower Society and why I can no longer support its policies. According to the Watchtower, that makes me an evil Apostate.
Why am I so evil?
I am evil because:
1. I give blood to help my fellowman.
2. I want to protect children from child abuse.
3. I no longer knock on my neighbors? doors to tell them lies.
4. I believe in education.
5. I have a conscience.
6. I don?t try to dictate or police the consciences of others.
7. I don?t call other religious organizations ?whores?.
8. I support the lawmakers of my nation. If my nation is attacked I will help to protect it.
9. I don?t condemn the United Nations or its members, while secretly having a membership of my own with that organization.
10. I don?t believe billions of people on earth should be sadistically butchered just because their religious beliefs are not 100% in step with mine.
11. I don?t discriminate against women.
12. I don?t discriminate against men who have facial hair.
13. I don?t discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.
14. I don?t believe that all governments are run by the Devil.
15. I don?t believe in disowning my family members because they don?t share my religious beliefs.
16. I speak out against hypocrisy.
17. I love unconditionally and expect the same in return.
18. I don?t believe a religious organization should use deception to sanitize its history.
19. I don?t believe any man or any organization has the right to change the terms of someone else?s vows to God.
20. I believe in giving to charities.
21. I don?t unquestioningly alter my belief system every time someone else tells me to do so. I research my beliefs.
22. I believe it is wrong to hate anyone.
23. I believe it is wrong to try to control the thoughts of others.
If that is what the Watchtower Society calls evil, then I?m proud to be what I am. For the first time in over twenty years I can hold my head high. I no longer shrink back or skulk away when someone asks me what religion I am.
I believe in freedom of religion. I also believe in freedom from religion. That?s where I?m at. I?m an Apostate, and I?m damn proud of it!