What to do in the hell-hole that is Las Vegas?

by SixofNine 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So a friend is getting married in Vegas on the 22nd, a guy who'e been a good friend for over 10 years now. He doesn't expect me to come, but I told him I would if I could find a way to reasonably. Well, with a three day sale that has tickets for 79 bucks, I guess I can't argue that I can't find a way, lol.

So any Vegas ideas for a person who:

a) doesn't think drinking and smoking at 8:30 am is cool.

b) Sees the coin-toss as a great way to determine who-goes-first in a football game, but a lousy investment strategy.

c) May actually go postal if he has to hear that ding-ding-ding sound for more than 5 minutes at a time.

?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

There are a lot of great shows, museums and comedy clubs. Also, there's GREAT food!

I love food..

I'm hungry..

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I always hear about the great deals on food... but the one time I was there, I didn't see that. Are there special deals offered to people who gamble? If so, how could I scam them for myself? :-D

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

may I recommend a large quantity of mescaline, taken simultaneously with acid, perhaps some coke to go with that, and if you're not feeling the effects try some ether....

• Mulan
    Mulan

I love Vegas. Dave and I were there in September and it was his first time and he loved it too. He liked going from Mega hotel to the next one, just admiring the design and beauty.

At The Mirage is Siegried and Roy's Secret Garden, a really great attraction. We went to see The Platters, Coasters and Drifters, a really good 60's music show, at The Sahara.

The Aladdin has the best buffet I've ever seen, with every International cuisine you can think of................absolutely amazing. We barely made it out of there alive, we were so full. It was a bit pricey, but worth it. Aladdin also has the best mall, Desert Passage...............very Middle Eastern design, although it will be converting to Planet Hollywood, gradually over the next year or two. I say to see this one now before it goes away.

The Rio has a seafood buffet, to die for, if you like seafood. ($40)

Legends In Concert is another great show at Imperial Palace, almost across the street from The Mirage. They are people, men and women, who look like and imitate real singers and entertainers, singing in their own voices. They are very convincing.

Paris has a 1/2 scale Eiffel Tower that you can ride to the top of and see all over Las Vegas.

Bellagio has a beautiful water show, set to music every 30 minutes starting at 2:30 each day..............across from Paris and Bally's.

Caesar's Palace is gorgeous,.......................just amazing. The mall there has free shows where the statues come to life and there are laser shows incorporated on the ceiling.

I could go on and on, but it is just a great place to be. Just walk around and go into the buildings and you will see what I mean.

There are inexpensive places to eat, but they are off the strip, and don't have great atmosphere. We thought the food was expensive, but no more so than other vacation places we've been.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Paris has the best buffet.

• Sassy
    Sassy

if you haven't seen the water shows at the Bellagio... don't miss them..

and bring your camera Sixy.. it is spectacular..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Go on the rides atop the Stratosphere!!

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

The Crazy Horse has the best dancers.

The Bellagio water show is da bomb.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Be prepared for noise. I went to Las Vegas years ago for a fabric show, and I stayed at Bally's. There were slot machines EVERYWHERE, and the Keno (I think that's what they were) girls came around even during breakfast in the coffee shop. It's kind of like Disneyworld for grown-ups and very surreal. Your camera will enjoy the sights and it's a great way to get away from reality!

Go for the all-you-can-eat buffets -- they're the best buy.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit