My experience as a MS

by DaCheech 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Soon after I decided that this was not the truth and wanted out, I was appointed an elder. The struggle to come to the the realization about the Wt was difficult and I feared form my emotional sanity. So HS in its immense wisdom made the appointment to complicate my life futher. I attempted to not accept the appointment but the elders would not take no for an answer. Later I attempted to resign, same answer. I moved to another state, a letter followed recommending me to be an elder in the new congregation. When the HS makes an appointment it is presistent...

Fortunatally, I was able to say no, and begin the fading and healing process.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My eyes roll at the meetings whenever I hear that stupid and false expression that "the Holy Spirit names our leaders".

Other MEN name and give so-called privileges to whomever gains their favor!!!!!

DY

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

AMEN Doubtfully. You said it all.

The most painful part of my new awakening to the society has been that all of the pain caused to my family.....is because of man made rules hiding under "spiritual guidance". A load of crap. I'm more angry now than I ever was after I first stopped going.

~Snap

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

And Cheech, I'm always interested in hearing about the stuff that's still occuring on the inside. I'm so glad you're here. But it makes me nervous that you'll be outed like 2laws was, with the stuff you give away about yourself. Its a big world, I know, but I am concerned for you. You'll make your exit when YOU'RE ready, I'm sure. I hope it goes that way for you.

Take care of yourself,

~Snapdragon

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I Guess and I hope not to say too much anymore.

Did I not tell you I live in Wallyworld?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Wow. Dacheech, already there is one other posters in this short thread having experienced the same thing: Forcible Non-Voluntary Elderization (Attempted or Committed).

Sounds like they are truly desperate! (I hope I don't make offense when I say that, none is intended, I'm sure you are a great person and would make a great elder).

The crumbling and erosion at the base of the Watchtower is proceeding as plannned! ;)

~Quotes, of the "Watching a Train Wreck in Slow Motion" class

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

DaCheech, I feel for you.

I qualified as an MS despite zero, nadda, honest to god NO comments at WT studies, below average field service stats and zero butt kissing. But I was one of the three young males that were not obviously and blatantly disregarding the rulez. I admit I did have backbone envy for a while.

I felt like the guy who gets a wish turned around on him from a mischievous genie.

I got screwed alright - just not by the little hot rebel chicks in the same KH!

Thankfully I was never asked about being an elder...cause that would have definitely started turning the wheels of the most brain dead dubs.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Accept the position so as to gain an audience for speaking, and say to all in the hall what a bunch of lies and false prophecy the organisation is, being of the very false prophets spoken of.

many will come in my name saying `The time is at hand!'

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

When I was totally discouraged by the conduct of the elders and their treatment to myself and others in the congo--I was encouraged by a couple of people with the thought that "Jehovah's Organization is perfect, but he appoints imperfect men to rule over us." (these men I knew were total screw ups) This statement was not comforting nor did it really make any logical sense--but logic is not a JW concept as far as I can tell.

• Flash
    Flash
    What reasons would the holy spirit have in nominating me, since I am "apostate in heart"?

I believe that Holy Spirit was involved in Elder appointments only during the first century to help the congregation get on its feet. Since then, like the miracles, it has ceased being a factor in Elder selection. IMO

Also, what makes you so sure you have an apostate heart? Thinking for yourself? Questioning the Society? Disagreeing with the Society? None of that is apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit