I need stories of W.T. related suicides/attempts for discussion w/ daughter

by hubert 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hubert
    hubert

Please help !! My wife and I are having discussions with our Bible study daughter lately, and she is getting together at our house with our other daughter who is not involved with j.w.'s, tonight. She says she wants to see all of us, and have pizza together for supper.

My wife, other daughter and I have suspicions about her visit. She is either sincere, or is going to tell us to "Back off"!!! We don't really know what to expect. I have been sending her info on the W.T. cult lately, via e-mail, which I told her I would do, and she had said in the past that she would look at them and comment on them, but now I think she is tired of getting this info, and wants to stop it once and for all. Either way, I want to give it one more good shot at changing her mind, if that's what she is here for. I am tired of walking on egg shells around her, because of this cult. We have also agreed that if she doesn't bring up the W.T. subject, we won't, either. But, if she does, I'm going to stay calm, and try to explain things to her.

She and my wife had a one hour discussion the other night about the W.T., and other religions, and when my wife mentioned that there are many suicides and attempted suicides in the Watchtower org., she said, but there's also suicides in all other religions, too. I chimed in, "But, not because of the religion".

So, what I'm looking for are some accounts of suicide or suicide attempts ATTRIBUTED to the Watchtower, because of the shunning involved, or depression caused by leaving the W.T., etc.

If anyone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it, and owe you big time. I may read some of these stories tonight, to her, if she starts in on the W.T. bullcrap.

Thanks so much in advance. I'll let you all know how it works out.

Your friend..... Hubert

• FreeWilly
  • hubert
    hubert

It went okay. My daughter didn't bring up any of the W.T. bullcrap, so we didn't, either. Instead, we had an enjoyable evening, talking about things in the past, what's going on at home, etc. All small talk.

Freewilly<> Thanks for sending me these links, even though I didn't use them tonight. I printed out a few of the stories in case I needed them, and I will eventually use them to show her what is happening in the W.T. org., so it isn't a wasted effort on your part. Thanks again for them.

My two daughters have been quarreling the last couple of months, so it was great to see them talking to each other again. Their quarrels weren't j.w. related. It was like old times having the two of them around together again, also with our grandaughter here, too, and my Bible study daughter missed seeing her niece because of all the quarreling, and I think that helped them get back together, too.

I did forget to mention in this post that if I had gotten an ultimatum to "back off" from my Bible study daughter, I would have respected her wishes, because I wouldn't want to lose her. That's not an option. I would have tried my best to stay on good terms with her and her husband.

So, at least that part of our problem is solved, the fact that our daughters are on good terms again. Thanks again, freewilly.

Hubert

• Bryan
    Bryan

Glad to hear it hubert.

Bryan

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hubert,

Due to the WT, I have considered suicide several times.

But the last time (about a year ago), I actually had the police come to my home.

Hate to go on and on about this...

I'm moving on.

But the bottom line is this:

I FINALLY learned to love myself. And finally learned to BE LOVED by Jesus.

Thank GOD.

When NOBODY else, and I mean elders, Circuit Overseesrs, or any other person helped me.

One did... the Living Christ.

PLEASE understand that what I say is real.

Thank GOD that I moved on from all of this...

Confucious

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Confucious<> Glad to hear you are healing.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Here you go: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/47789/1.ashx. This is the letter I wrote to the elders after my dad committed suicide. Hope it helps.

Nina

• hubert
    hubert

Cruzanheart<> I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. My (our) sincere condolances go out to you. Thank you very much for re-posting this for me. I'm sure it must hurt everytime you have to think about how the congregations treated your Dad. I am definitely going to use this material, along with others that I received to help me get through to my daughter, although I wish this never happened. I am working on a new strategy. If it works, I'll certainly tell everyone, so that maybe someone else can use the same strategy with good results, too. But, it will take time, as you all know it always does. I tried to respond to your post last night, and the web site wouldn't load up. I'll send you a PM tonight, hopefully. Thank you so much, Nina. ((((Nina))))

Hubert

• under74
    under74

Hubert, if you need any stories in the future PM me...or post again. I've got way too many.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hubert, you're welcome! After Dad died, I had lots of people tell me that it takes a year to really grieve for someone because you have to pass all the milestones and they were right. Time is a great healer. I think he would have been pleased to know that his death was not in vain but the circumstances of it have made lots of people stop and think about how Jehovah's Witnesses and the elders treat their "brothers and sisters." And it doesn't rip me up to talk about it like it used to, so don't feel bad! Use the information however it will help to educate people about how harmful a cult/ high control group like this one can be.

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit