Thar she blows.............Mt. St. Helens is erupting again

by Mulan 29 Replies latest social current

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Travis thanks for that RL link, it's awesome.

Johnston's Ridge Observatory is where Craig and I took searcher (Steve) when he was out here visiting. I wonder if he's gotten the news in the UK about the latest activity on the volcano. I bet he's glad he got to see it when he was out, I'm glad we took him he really wanted to see mountains being from the flatlands of the UK and all.

Kate

• Special K
    Special K

Nice pictures.

Sure makes things more real.

SK

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's pronounced THAR she blows ....... A term used by early whalers ..... HE HE

I would exspect that it does blow again . Scientists have stated they even exspect a super volcano to go off in california that could make life very miserable for us earthlings ........

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I think it's pronounced THAR she blows

Whoops. A typo I missed. Thanks. I'll fix it.

• Princess
    Princess

Quite a huge ash plume this morning! They were just showing the crater on the news and how a second vent has opened up, they think the plume this morning may have come from the new vent. They also showed a new dome forming behind the big dome that has been steadily growing. The new one grew 50 feet overnight and is the size of 100 football (American) fields.

Whatever happens, be assured that we will know every stinking detail as

St Helens ERUPTION 2004 takes over every station on TV.

• heathen
    heathen

That's the first I've heard of any dome growing .. That's not good I think I would consider making a speedy exit from washington or oregon for a couple of years .....................

• Mulan
    Mulan

The dome has been there since 1980 and beyond. It grows a bit all the time, very very slowly. It's just that lately, it is getting bigger very rapidly. Today, on the noon news, they showed a view inside the crater of a boiling lake, where the volcanic activity has melted the glacier inside the crater. Very cool.

• searcher
    searcher

Kate,

I have been following as best I can, what has been really useful to show people here, are the pics I took while we were there, and the maps/info/etc I got from the vistor center. Kinda puts things in perspective.

All you folks around that thing take care now.

• Valis
    Valis

Oi! hey Steve! or better yet "the guy I couldn't remember his first name cuz I was drunk so when I called him and asked for searcher, the person who answered thought I was daft"...*LOL*....Hey man...hope all is good for you and you're doing well.

Man it looks like there is eighter a lot of fog or a lot of ash in the air today....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Princess
    Princess

Yeah Travis, it's socked in good this morning. I'm thinking low clouds based on what I see outside my window here. I haven't heard anything 'bout another blast so must be weather.

Thanks for the pic BTW, it's easy to check on the mountain that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit