As a JW, Did You Ever Get Away With Anything That Was a DF'ing Offense??

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I can think of several things I did that I could have been DFed for while I was in good standing. Some of them I did even before I had a bad reputation. As other people have said about their offenses, I didn't do anything that would have hurt anyone.

I led a double-life. Maybe it was youth, maybe it was the thrill, but I actually had a lot of fun doing it too. It was a lot more fun being a JW and hiding things than after I left and had the freedom to pretty much do what I wanted.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I was getting away with making love with my first love just fine, but I had to get all silly and confess to the whole thing. That, among other things, got me kicked out pretty good.

DY

• roybatty
    roybatty

Didn't everyone who was dating a JW? Our "reasoning" (i.e. excuse) we'd say to each other "oh well, we are planning to get married." lol

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I did plenty although with my belief still in God I really didn't think I was getting away with anything and it would only be a matter of time before it all caught up with me.

How about you minimus, how did you avoid being DF'ed?

Kate

• FairMind
    FairMind

For a quite a number of years pre-inactivie, inactive and post-inactive I over indulged in alcholic beverages to the point of intoxication (very drunk) on an average of probably four times weekly. The elders knew of my problem (which destroyed my marriage) but they did nothing to me. i suppose too many of them had a similar problem. All of my REAL problems with the organization started after I quit drinking, sobered up and began to see the "Truth" for what it really is.

FM

• minimus
    minimus

Well Kate, I didn't do anything to get df'd for. On the other hand, I could now. BTW, tell Craig I send him my love.

• M.J.
    M.J.

A number of years ago, one of the very few JW-raised girls I knew was leading a double life. It was incredible just how much of a Jekyl & Hyde transformation it was. Without elaborating, she was more promiscuous than any girl I ever met anywhere. She even ran away from home for awhile and worked as a stripper. Then she decided to go back to her other identity, play the good role for awhile and got married to some unsuspecting JW shmuck from the KH. I haven't heard what ever happened to her since.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I was a goody goody JW kid. How boring. I was the first one to "lead the young people" in the preaching work and a " good example of Christian Youth" ( the JW definition)

I was told to stop watching "Dark Shadows" and " I dream of Jeannie"; I dutifully obeyed. What a wimp...

The thought of "getting layed" was a foreign to me as the lunar landscape.

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah.. the last couple of years I lived a double life.. I tried not to but kept getting sucked into the pleasures of life..

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I thought I was the biggest rebel out there, because I spoke about not wanting to be a witness and told people the truth about what a horrible time I had in Seldom Worked Territory. When I found out the truth about all that went on in my congregation I found out I was the most innocent of anyone there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit