How Many People Are Less Stressed Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you feel better----emotionally and mentally since stopping meetings and living under the rules of the Witnesses? I've heard reports of better physical and mental health since persons have left the organization.

• Scully
    Scully

Oddly enough, leaving the JWs cured me of depression. After being on medication to treat depression and anxiety for a couple of years prior to leaving, once I stopped going to meetings I started improving dramatically. I haven't needed to be on antidepressants for almost 8 years now.

Love, Scully

• minimus
    minimus

Poor JWs don't realize that many of their maladies are JW induced! Once you get away from that pressure, life can be fun and rewarding!!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Honestly I'm not sure. Leaving has it's own stresses and reliefs. I used to think "I'll just get my kids into the new system and I'll be happy, whether I make it or not. That's my job, that's my goal, that's my life."

Now I'm trying to replace that with something.

• minimus
    minimus

Get your kids an education. Get them normal friends. Give them reality.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm less stressed. It takes time though, confused jw. It is like a divorce from an abusive mate. It is a good thing but it takes a while to get out of the hamster wheel.

Blondie

• eljefe
    eljefe

My mental health has vastly improved. I no longer think that I am not doing enough for Jehovah. Now I spend my nights and weekends relaxing instead of service/meetings.

• Badger
    Badger

Me, me!

I never thought it was POSSIBLE to look forward to church...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I don't think it's possible for a current Witness to begin to comprehend the improvement they will see in their mental and emotional health when they leave. When I look at where I am now compared to where I was then - and I was a fairly happy, healthy person to begin with - it is a totally different plane of existence.

SNG

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

So much for "Jehovah's Happy People". I fooled myself into thinking I was happy, but I was depressed most of the time. Now....what a relief! I am so much happier, and I have never been this physically healthy in my life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit