The 2004 Report. What do you think it wiil show?

by aniron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I'm quite interested in seeing what the report will show. As Pole points out, the boost they got from the new 15-minute rule is now already accounted for. Also, they did actually report the negative growth thay they experienced in the several years after 1975. So I wonder if they will report negative growth in coming years, or if they will manage to come up with other ways to fudge the books.

Actually, the thing I wonder the most is this: We know that things are starting to turn for the Watchtower Society. There is zero or slightly-negative growth in almost all developed nations now, when you include the 15-minute boost stuff. As these nations begin to post solid negative growth, eventually it will become embarassing. As people begin to leave the organization in larger and larger numbers, the annual report could become a major point of cognitive dissonance for publishers. Will the Society stop issuing reports at some point, perhaps with an article likening it to the census in ancient Israel?

SNG

• Joker10
    Joker10

Inactives and disfellowshipped ones returning in developed countries. Spain and France in particular. More growth in South America and Eastern Europe. Retention rate a bit higher than years past.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    Will the Society stop issuing reports at some point, perhaps with an article likening it to the census in ancient Israel?

LOL! "New light!"

Remember those incredibly boring Watchtower studies (yeah, THAT'S specific) where you had to sit there and spend an hour going over an article talking about the report?

I've seen 2 JWs (doing their pioneer shuffle together) in the 2+ years I've lived in France, and they completely ignored me, a potential sheep! Maybe I am clearly visible as a black sheep?

I think it'll show less growth, but they'll still manage to show some growth so they can say Jehovah is blessing them, but that the time is close!

I never understood why the anointed count went up.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I wonder if it will show that pediphilia and cover-ups are still rampant and increasing in the Jehovah's Witness cult?

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The 04 report will show anything they want it to show and the blind and gullible will accept it as absolute fact.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit