The 2004 Report. What do you think it wiil show?

by aniron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

Having read "seven006" posting "The Information Age and New JW Marketing Changes" and the view it put forward of were the Watchtower found itself now.

I was wondering what the 2004 service year report would show.

I think there will be a small increase, due to there play on world events and the usually JW family members getting baptised to please parents etc.

Anyone else have any views on what it could be.

• mann377
    mann377

Well what would the '04 report show from an organization like the WTBS.

Let's start with the first: Lies

Second: Deception

Third: Fraud

Should I continue?

The WTBS will show anything that will benefit their agenda or goal, no matter how deceitful. They know no boundry's on how low they can go.

• Pole
    Pole

When was the 15mins-a-month-make-you-a-publisher rule introduced?

Wasn't it in 2003? So this year's growth may be slightly less dynamic because the rule no longer affects their results.

I wonder what the number of the "anointed" dubs will be this year. It's my favourite flip-flop part of their stats.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

mann377: that was angry and vague... u sound like an apostate! are u an apostate? do u hold signs outside of the convention and yell out slurs and slogans? the 2004 report is about the actual numbers that the society as a whole has produced over the year. im pretty sure that's the one thing they dont lie about... otherwise they wouldnt show that the number of annointed remnant is INCREASING... they would show it to stay the same or decrease.

but overall, the fact that they're selling property here and there, AKA "simplifying", shows they may be decreasing in some numbers, maybe not in publishers, but maybe in magazine distribution overall. something to that effect...

bethelight/dark

• seven006
    seven006

The 04 report will show anything they want it to show and the blind and gullible will accept it as absolute fact. Just as the rank and file blamed themselves for interpreting the 1975 issue wrong, just as they were instructed to do. The governing body can never lie about anything, that's what they have their legal department for.

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Slightly less growth than was reported the year before.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: When was the 15mins-a-month-make-you-a-publisher rule introduced?

I believe that rule only applies to elderly or infirm dubs. The rest of the dubs need to lie about the next 45 minutes they didn't actually spend preaching to get each extra hour in they need.

I don't think it is all that necessary for the WTS to lie about their numbers: the rank & file membership do all that lying for them.

Farkel

• Pole
    Pole

:: I believe that rule only applies to elderly or infirm dubs. The rest of the dubs need to lie about the next 45 minutes they didn't actually spend preaching to get each extra hour in they need.

Still, it may have slightly influenced the statistics. This year its effect should be smoothed out.

You're right about the rest of your post, although I personally think most dubs are honest about their service reports.

• Farkel
    Farkel

pole,

: You're right about the rest of your post, although I personally think most dubs are honest about their service reports.

You're probably right. I was just being sarcastic. I do think times have changed in the 32 years since I left, though. Most of us were "true believers" back then. We had 1975 to look forward to. Today, there is not that kind of carrot to hold out for dubs. I would venture a wager that a far larger percent of them are just going through the motions (and yes padding their field service hours) even though they are no longer "true believers." How about all the teenagers who today bolt the religion as soon as they reach the age of majority? Don't you think they wouldn be tempted to pad their hours before they reach that age of majority? I do.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

The beautiful thing is----if there's a decrease, it means everyone HAS to do more! If there's an increase, everyone hass to do more (because the end is here and we don't want to be bloodguilty).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit