Awake stuck in my door

by jwbot 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

"Protect Yourself From Fraud"

no kidding!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my JW friends told me they don't take down not at homes anymore, and just leave a magazine at not at homes. They must leave a lot of magazines. It seems not many are at home anymore.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    One of my JW friends told me they don't take down not at homes anymore, and just leave a magazine at not at homes. They must leave a lot of magazines. It seems not many are at home anymore.

lol... I wonder if the WTS caught onto the Not-at-Home gag. When I pioneered I would make it a point to keep going back to a street over and over until I finally got everyone at home.

Sure, sounds noble at first, but what most JWs failed to realize was that people tend to be gone the same time all the time... so I was in a loop of going to the same houses over and over knowing full well that there would be no one there... saving me the fuss of having to talk to anyone.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I must remember to take a copy of Awake! with me next time we have a boy's night out and I'm drunk enough to perform the Dance of the Flaming Assholes.

Englishman.

• blondie
    blondie

The congregations in this area are routinely behind in keeping current on their territories. The service overseers have been discouraging making not at homes instead leaving magazines. It looks better too when the CO comes and checks to see what territories were not worked in the last year. The only sign of JWs at our door was a magazine slipped under our mat (on a rainy day). JWs tend to go d2d when people are gone anyway.

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The only sign of JWs at our door was a magazine slipped under our mat (on a rainy day).

At least they come to your door. When they work our street, we watch them skip our house. We aren't disfellowshipped, so we just laugh. In early August, there was a large group who came here from California, to help the local congregation work the territory. I saw them on our street, and got myself ready to greet them, but they skipped us too. There must be something written on the territory card. Just as well, I don't want to talk to them.

• blondie
    blondie

The reason they don't skip us is that we live outside the territory of the congregation we used to attend, Mulan. I am waiting for the day someone does call and we are at home. This area is on the outer reaches of the territory so it doesn't get worked a lot.

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman

We used to leave magazines at not-at-homes when we worked rural territory and wouldn't be coming back for several months. Those were huge months for mag placements, let me tell you. I can recall a particular zealous FS Overseer who determined that a certain Saturday would be "a special day for magazine placements" and urged everyone to show up and place as many magazines as possible, to be followed by a service meeting part the next week in which he'd interview those who placed the most. One sister and her three children placed more than 50 magazines in a few hours. When interviewed, she said they inserted an old magazine in each of the new ones and then thrust this packet of four (sometimes three) mags in the hands of the householder the moment he/she opened the door and said, "We're doing volunteer work, leaving these free magazines for everyone in the neighborhood." By then, most people were holding the mags and she and her kids were skipping away from the door.

This approach, of course, was held up as superb example of thinking outside the box and "giving a thorough witness." Many of the publishers later expressed what a good way this was to "get rid of" old magazines. It illustrates how twisted are the figures Brooklyn so carefully compiles each month.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I can recall a particular zealous FS Overseer who determined that a certain Saturday would be "a special day for magazine placements" and urged everyone to show up and place as many magazines as possible, to be followed by a service meeting part the next week in which he'd interview those who placed the most.

God how I used to hate those Saturdays. There was no way out of it either, the overseer would actually do a head count and if someone who he thinks should be there isn't he would actually call their homes. Made me sick.

It illustrates how twisted are the figures Brooklyn so carefully compiles each month.

It also illustrates how they are nothing but a book publishing corporation pretending to be a religion

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

So thats the reason I found an Awake and a Watchtower in my postbox. (first time in 5 months)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit