I'm a new churchgoer, communion question

by pennycandy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I agree. "Grace" describes God's love perfectly. "Undeserved kindness" is opening a door for someone.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Oops...

ine hand over the other

...shoulda typed one hand over the other.

genuflecting --------> bending on one knee in a a sort of bow host ------> what they call the small round wafer they hand out

Wow from all the other posts I can see that the RC is right on up there with the JWs when it comes to complicating things!

• barry
    barry

Some Churches have footwashing before communion the SDAs do that and some others. The majority of protestants including the cultic SDAs have open communion and invite all who have been baptised to partake. Barry

• irishayes
    irishayes

Penny, I belong to a non-denominational church. Actually, our church is a member of the IFCA (Independent Fundamental Churches of America). Do you know whether the church you have been attending is part of this? Anyway, what will probably happen is that a plate of unleavened bread (crackers) will be passed up and down the aisles. You don't have to be a member to partake--just a believer. In the ND church, usually everyone holds on to the elements until the pastor is served by the elders. Then everyone partakes at the same time. Then the wine (juice) is passed around in the same manner. Our pastor always reminds everyone that communion is open to all believers--but if there is something in your life that you need to get right with God, you should refrain from taking communion until you have confessed and can come to the Lord's Table with a clear conscience. Does that answer your questions? Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit