My Mom: "All The Hurricanes Show We're Living In The Time of The End"

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Funny thing about your mom's theory, is that I don't ever recall the changing weather being one of the "Signs" that would (supposedly) indicate that we're living in the Last Days........I think the warning signs were: wars and signs of wars, pestilence, famine, nation rising agains nation, earthquakes, people having no natural affection, children being disobedient to parents..................where is there anything mentioned about the weather being part of this "Sign"???

Be that as it may, I do believe the weather's changing. I read a recent article in the National Geographic and it does indicate that all factors in the weather (floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, snow storms) are all getting more intense. I believe that this has something to do with all the pollution we've created over the last 150 years---it's screwing up the planet!!

I'm getting a new car next year (If I can save the money!) and I am seriously looking at getting one that is part electric......I'd save alot on gas and it cuts down on the amount of pollution...........

• blondie
    blondie

What about the call of "peace and security"?

Even if it isn't really peaceful or secure, supposedly the general population will believe it is.

So how does the latching on of doom and gloom events prove the end is near since peace and security has to seem apparent shortly before the great tribulation starts?

JWs are so gullible.

I know, I was like that once.

Blondie

• Bryan
    Bryan

Tell your mother four hurricanes hit Texas in the same season in the 1880s. Why didn't armagedon come then?

Bryan

• Bryan
  • Mulan
    Mulan

My mother's grandparents were Irish immigrants, who came here because of the Irish potato famine. I asked her once if that wasn't a worse time to be living than now, at least for her family. That was a real famine...............hard times, etc. No reply, sadly.

• DevonMcBride
  • minimus
    minimus

Potato famines were not a sign of the end.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sign of "the end" huh? Well ask her what the "cut off" date is for all of these signs so you can mark your calendar... tell her that this is so you can verify whether she a false prophet or not. (She is speaking in the name of Jehover by predicting his actions).

If she will not give you a cut off date, then tell her that this means that her prediction is meaningless.

• minimus
    minimus

Elsewhere, I can't talk to my mommy like that.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Minimus, how do these phone calls effect you? Any negative effects?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit