Kobe, what does the new evidence make you think about what happened?

by DaCheech 26 Replies latest social current

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have not seen enough evidence to convict Kobe.

That being said, I do not care for him or his attitude about pretty much anything. Good ball player perhaps, but other than that, he is a jerk.

A friend of mine pulled him over in LA for a traffic violation. In his area, he pulls over many celebrities, and most of them are very nice. Kobe was a huge jerk.

• shamus
    shamus

I say if you can't even go after someone and press charges, then how the hell are you supposed to get money from him?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    how the hell are you supposed to get money from him?

Because the standard is lower in civil court. Criminal court requires enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. Civil court only requires a "preponderence" of evidence. In other words, if the majority of evidence leads you to think the accused is guilty, then he's guilty. That's how OJ was convicted in civil court, and not criminal.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Well the law is crappy!

If you bring someone to civil court only, then the law is OK

But if you fail in criminal court, the civil trial should not be allowed, especially when you will not

testify in crimimal court costing tax payers over $200k! You don't think she is going to be

put on the stand and grilled in civil court?

She was also paid almost $20k in money as a sexual victim (fund) she really cost citizens money!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You don't think she is going to be

put on the stand and grilled in civil court?

Worse than testifying in civil court, are the depositions. In a deposition, the other side can (and usually will) ask you ANYTHING. I've seen depositions where sex habits were asked about, how much one eats and so on. You can refuse to answer, but the other side will go to the judge and if the judge agrees with them (and they often do) you will be required to answer in full. Those depositions are brutal and merciless.

Oftentimes a civil suit is filed with an eye toward settlement. That's probably what's going on here. I seriously doubt the case will ever be heard in court

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

FWIW, there are many reasons a woman may bleed during intercourse, including:

• Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) .
  • Injury to the genital area.
  • Cervicitis .
  • Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) .
  • Uterine fibroids .
  • Cervical polyps .
  • Cancer of the cervix or uterus (rare).
  • (off the Webmd site)

I for one don't see enough from what we've seen to convict either. But, the way Kobe has handled this entire thing, well, he's just a jerk, an arrogant spoiled jerk. And he'll pay for at least that - and pay huge.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Well, I'm going to post my last one on this!

Hope that all people who have been raped get justice

And, anyone who has not, but claims so for whatever reasons..... may they rot in hell (jail)

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit