Kobe, what does the new evidence make you think about what happened?

by DaCheech 26 Replies latest social current

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Tex-

I'm not sure who this was directed towards.. but:

And what if the woman says "No"?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking if it's okay to force a woman to have sex if she says "no".. because I'd hope you'd know my answer to that question?

Also, it takes a bit of force to get blood on his shirt. That doesn't sound consensual to me.
    She could've been on her period. -- I haven't followed the case, but it seems weird to me that she would drop the criminal case and not the civil one. I'm not saying by any means that I believe him, because w/o damning evidence either way, it's 'he said, she said' and both should be scrutinized. I just know that if it was me.. I'd want the bastard in jail!
  • ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

It's just a another reason why NBA stars are also on my list of people NEVER to date.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

SP, no I wasn't directing at anyone, just generally speaking.

But from what I understand, at some point (and when is under dispute) she said Stop. And, apparently, he did not. That to me is rape.

I haven't seen or heard anything that suggested she was having her period. Her injuries were described as "consistent with forced sex".

It's a helluva thing to be a rape victim and then make the accusation. You're on an island all by yourself and some people can't handle that pressure. I can't find fault with her for wanting to drop charges, she was getting death threats and the prospect of being grilled by the lawyers must have been more than she could handle.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well like I said, I haven't followed the case, but I'll be Devil's Advocate for a sec..

I haven't seen or heard anything that suggested she was having her period. Her injuries were described as "consistent with forced sex".

Rough sex can be consistent with forced sex..

It's a helluva thing to be a rape victim and then make the accusation. You're on an island all by yourself and some people can't handle that pressure. I can't find fault with her for wanting to drop charges, she was getting death threats and the prospect of being grilled by the lawyers must have been more than she could handle.

I agree.. the defense makes the alleged victim feel like they are on trial. It's just interesting (and it bothers me) that she'll take money over him potentially going to jail..
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Forgive the cynicism, but check the bank account. If there are 6 or more zeros, there is no way that person goes to jail. They can buy enough slimey lawyers that will twist the law and get them off. I've heard stories that suggest Kobe's lawyers completely made up the allegation the woman had sex after he raped her and then leaked it to the media to put pressure on her to go away.

Honestly I don't know what happened in that room. But clearly something did, and if she's not willing or able to pursue criminal charges, I too am not comfortable with seeing her go after him on civil charges.

• shotgun
    shotgun
    But clearly something did, and if she's not willing or able to pursue criminal charges, I too am not comfortable with seeing her go after him on civil charges.

Would she be on the hook for all the lawyers fee's incurred with the first case?

If so she would be in a huge financial hole.

It also seems that it's nearly impossible to win a case against a team of lawyers when criminal charges are involved but Juries and Judges are more willing to award financial compensation...although no compensation can repair a rape victims wounds.

• tresbella
    tresbella

If the "victim" wasn't a small town white girl but some black chick from the ghetto nobody would of gave a damn about the case. How many times do you hear about some rich white politician raping a black chick. never. cause the nobody would care.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I Don't expect anyone to get away with rape or crime.... No matter how rich they are.

But I feel fear for the reasons I outlined above. Law is imperfect and good "actors" can make you believe

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    How many times do you hear about some rich white politician raping a black chick

Do know of such a thing happening?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Tresbella:

If the "victim" wasn't a small town white girl but some black chick from the ghetto nobody would of gave a damn about the case. How many times do you hear about some rich white politician raping a black chick. never. cause the nobody would care.

Bullshit.

a. I'd care

b. Lots of others would as well.

p.s. Welcome to the board, you'll find people aren't callous here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit