hangovers

by Lostreality 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

simple...

got any home remidies?

ive heard that water and a multivitamin help.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

this always works for me... drink half a litre of water before you go sleep, another litre when you wake up, and get some sort of exercise a few hours later, like sprinting down the road and back. it instantly kills any headaches you might have.. and leaves me feeling ready for another round the next night

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

thanks Dire, im headed out for a jog in a little while, gonna test that idea!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Take any pain reliever, advil or tylenol with pseudephedrine...such as tylenol sinus, or advil sinus...make sure it does not contain an antihistamine.....the pseudephedrine is like caffeine it will wake you up a little and coupled with the pain reliever it's a GREAT! remedy.....trust me, it really, really works......also you may want to try before going out and the morning after, Emergen-C it's a powder that you put in your water that is full of vitamins....I use it b4 and after a work out, but it works great for those big drink nights especially since you've just put your liver through hell......good luck....I feel for you....

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've had a few hangovers in my time. Part of the problem is low blood sugar level, so plenty of sugar in your coffee and some complex carbs to keep you going. (this occurs even though you may not feel hungry). Pain killers, particularly anti-inflamitary pain killers help with the head ache. Believe it or not, the rest of the hangover is due to lack of sleep; the sleep quality you get when intoxicated is very poor.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

My personal favourite hangover cure is a Big Mac and Fries with a large fresh orange juice. My husband always drinks Lucozade. I used to work with a chap whose sister reckoned that drinking Complan, or those food replacement drinks (not diet shakes like Slimfast) cured her hangover.

A hair of the dog will give some relief because some of the discomfort of a hangover is due to the body metabolising the alcohol and producing formaldehyde in the latter stages of the process. When you start drinking alcohol again, you stop producing formaldehyde. Of course, this only puts off the symptoms, unless you can maintain a permanent low level of intoxication (not recommended).

In summary: to deal with the cause drink plenty of water to rehydrate yourself, and keep your blood sugars up; and take a painkiller to deal with the headache symptom.

• RR
    RR

Stay drunk, that'll work!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bwahahaha! stay drunk... geez.

Gatorade.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Two large glasses of water and two tylenols before you go to bed. I've been using this for years and it works very well.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

When I drank (clean and sober now, had too much fun then I guess) my hangover remedy was

Drink 2 glasses of water and take 2 tylenol before going to bed. (If you're lucky you'll get up to go pee instead of using the bed).

When you come too after passing out and go pee in the lu, take 2 more tylenol, 1 Super B Complex (helps repair the braincells) and 2 more glasses of water.

In the morning, 2 more tylenol, 1 more B, 2 more glasses of water, and 1-1/2 pots of coffee and a couple of doughnuts, or an Egg McMuffin. A hot shower, eye drops, and a supply of menthol cough drops to chew on all day so your breath doesn't give you away, although your body odor might.

Please be a responsible drinker and don't drive, I did enough of that for all of us. Thank you!

Bren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit