You Know What Beanz Meanz..

by Englishman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I was curious that visiting Americans find it strange that we should eat baked beans with our breakfast over here.

Americans find that strange? The first time I heard of beans for breakfast was in an American restaurant.

They went very well with the eggs, ham, cheese, pancakes, sausage gravy, biscuits, potatos, fried red peppers, fried onions and bacon.

It was a helluva breakfast.

Walter

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I was curious that visiting Americans find it strange that we should eat baked beans with our breakfast over here.
    Americans find that strange? The first time I heard of beans for breakfast was in an American restaurant.

I think it depends on what part of the US you live in. For example, up in MN they don't eat grits but it's a staple for breakfast down in the south.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i grew up poor.. we lived off beans and taters. and you ate them whenever you had to lol. breakfast, lunch , supper, midnight snack... wedding dinners...funerals.. .. whenever

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Oh yea Candidly!

I grew up poor so i can hear ya!

I will NOT eat them now..

• Xandria
    Xandria

I cannot handle certain beans due to growing up eating too many of them. Mom would soak pinto beans and add them as fillers when things were lean.

X.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i ate beans so much as a kid.. i've gone to cracker barrel with a group of people and get tickled that someone will order beans and cornbread and consider it a treat lmao

thats like manna after 40 yrs..

• Navigator
    Navigator

I don't recall having beans for breakfast when I lived in the UK, but always was served fried tomatoes. I never did get used to "kippers" for breakfast. Mostly what I remember about breakfasts served in the RAF mess was that they were small. If it hadn't been for mid-morning "tea" I wouldn't have made it to lunch.

• Soledad
    Soledad

beans for breakfast are common to Mexicans and Spaniards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit