You Know What Beanz Meanz..

by Englishman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I had never heard of such a thing until FMZ made himself a Brit breakfast in Dallas.

Now, Rachel, you must have forgotten our stories about the English Breakfasts we ate all over England and Scotland. We even had postcards of it.

• kls
    kls

Sounds like a methane morning!!!!!!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Beans beans, good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you fart.

Fortunately for me, they don't affect me that way.

And yes, i've eaten beans for breakfast before.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's popular w the french in quebec. You can get beans w breakfast in most restaurents here. I wonder if the european french do it too.

S

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

KLS: hehehehe.

My father runs a diner in Austin (old place) that is known for its breakfast tacos, being voted in the Best of Austin awards several years running. He also serves a LOT of steak and egg breakfasts. His b-tacos are HUGE and are two for 4.95. Doesn't serve beans though. He even has a "gyros" taco, with gyros meat, peppers, onions, potatoes, and eggs. Warm and greasy, goes down easy! I worked at that place too many weekends and now have a permanent layer of grease on me. The health food store people across the street came over and asked my Dad if he served anything cholesterol-free. He just looked at them like they were crazy and said "Ma'am, we DISPENSE cholesterol." I love my Dad..

Country Toil

"Beans Means You'll Unbotton Yer Jeans"

• Carmel
    Carmel

I remember our first Israeli breakfast. Hard boiled eggs, great fresh bread, yugart and cheeses of several consistancies, jelly, fresh sliced tomatoes and DEAD PICKLED FISH! (don't know which came first the pickling or the dieing) Gollee! Who could face a pickled sardine or whatever that yukky thing was at seven in the morning..

Next time we went over we took our own smoked salmon !! Dam Straight!

carm

• Princess
    Princess
    Bacon, egg, sausage, fried bread and toast.

Would you like beans or tomatoes with that?

bacon AND sausage? fried bread AND toast? and then you add beans to that? I'm going to stick with my original thought.

Nope mom, don't remember that.

Country Girl, Steve has only good things to say about your dad's diner.

"Ma'am, we DISPENSE cholesterol."

Damn, that's funny.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My sister doesn't like breakfast food for breakfast, but will make breakfast for dinner often. Instead she loves toast spread with leftover beans - refried, boston, whatever.

Beans, beans
    The musical fruit
    The more you eat
    The more you toot!

When making your own, add a little bit of Wakame (dried japanese seaweed) to your beans. It helps break down the protein so it is more digestable and reduces gas. It really works! About 1 tblsp crumbled. Doesn't taste in the beans, either.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Beans for breakfast means a Nice, warm Bubblebath before work... Soaking

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mike,

Strangely enough I met the man behind the 'Beanz Meanz Heinz' phrase a couple of years ago. A very zany Irishman who is still very active in the advertising world, but a lot richer these days!

Do you recall the schoolboy anthem about baked beans :

"Baked beans

are good for your heart,

The more you eat

The more you ...like them.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit