When Reinstated...NO APPLAUSE!

by Disengaged 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Sam,

Just a belated note to thank you for your gracious reply.

Some of us have come over from the 'bearpit' atmosphere of H20 and are used to the aussie way of repartee, so now that we are in a more sedate environment, it was good to read your considered and considerate reply to my response. Thanks mate.

I look forward to many more.

Cheers,
    Ozzie (of the sometimes bold class)

• Mulan
    Mulan

This is the reason given when they made this change back in the 80's. I was horrified and my elder husband explained it to me.

When a person is reinstated, it means he has been REPROVED. Or proved again. (that's what they say) So, since you don't applaud when a reproof is announced, you also don't applaud a reinstatement. It made sense at the time, but I still think the whole process is bogus........except for murderers and child molesters. Everything else is no one's business.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Dear Ozzie

Thank you for your gracious reply. I am not much for “bearpits.” I few seem to know no other way of expressing themselves. It is a testament to your fine character that you are sufficiently versatile to operate in more than one mode.

I am rather new to this form of dialogue. Input from intelligent folks like you will help me sharpen my thinking ability and skills of communication.

Thanks again for your insight and for your kindness.

Warm regards,

Sam Beli

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit