what happens when you don't believe...?

by Preston 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

The question is not whether or not you believe it, it's whether he believes it. Whether or not these things actually happend to him is something else, but he may in fact believe it did happen to him.

As to whether or not it affects the relationship, it just depends on your relationship. Some people seem to be really good about compartmentalizing their relationships so that other things doesn't seem to be relevant and therefore doesn't affect the relationship, but I for one couldn't be partners with someone that is mentally unstable or live in their own world, nor do I really want to socialize with someone that is in the same state. So it simply depends on whether you have an issue with that or if he has an issue with you not believing him. I use the word relationship in a functional way, although I state my preference based on relating to the whole person I do not mean to imply this is the only way or the right way. You'll have to decide what is acceptable depending on how you two relate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What about the alternate universes theory? If that is possible, isn't it possible that there is one that has the stuff bruce believes in? Also, psychic types might see into one of them sometimes. The old saying seeing is believing comes to mind, although it's not always true. Still, if he has viewed this stuff somehow, that could explain his belief. Northern europe and ireland used to be into this stuff.

S

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Bruce:"Hahahahahhahahaha...well, In terms of a small bunny hoping around and delivering chocolate eggs...no, I don't believe in the easter bunny, however I do believe in the symbology behind it in terms of the fertility it represents...."

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean anything more substantial than that it's nice to get chocolate eggs at Easter? Are all Bruce's beliefs of a similar nature? If so, you have nothing to worry about, even if he believes a Martian landed on his head, as long as he only "believes" it in a symbolic, I-like-chocolate kind of way. If he really believes in any of the stuff you listed - especially if he believes in all of it - then he may have a real problem.

• Preston
    Preston

funkyderek,

I drew a distinction in my phone call with Bruce to show that he believes in the symbology of the easter bunny, as for everything else however, he has a literal conviction. In other words, besides the easter bunny, he does believe in ghosts, elves, aliens, etc... He may have a different view of Santa Claus than the next person, but regardless, he believes he's a real person.

• Preston
    Preston

Satanus,

Bruce says he has seen many of the things he believes in. He claims that life exists at a different "frequency" so that you can't "see" a lot of things "directly" if you understand. The thing that startles me is that Bruce is wary to talk to anyone about these things, and will state in sincerity that people will judge him as being "nuts". In other words, he's not some crazy nut yelling at a bunch of people that aliens are going to take over and so on.... but sincerely believes this stuff.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    He claims that life exists at a different "frequency" so that you can't "see" a lot of things "directly" if you understand.

Yeah, that could be an occult type of thing. Occultists like austin spare have drawn many pictures of things like this that they have viewed. Here are two of spare's books on line w some of his drawings: http://www.banger.com/spare/focus/focint1.html http://www.banger.com/spare/satyrs/satyr.html

S

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

there is a major distinction between holding a belief and claiming to KNOW it is TRUE.... you can believe anything without claiming to KNOW you are right....

every move is gamble to some degree and even wrong moves can become winning moves at times... you can win for all the wrong reasons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit