Princess & Steve

by Valis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks much for the fish and the pictures. Just awesome. And as you said it was plenty ripe when it finally got here, so maybe we can try again? *LOL* The pictures and the thought though were most appreciated and welcome down Texas way. I'll be up sooner or later and one can only hope I can snag a couple nice fish too!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Princess
    Princess

Hey V! Glad they finally arrived...

Steve has another batch of three good sized dollys all smoked and ready at the smokehouse. He will arrange for some to be shipped to you sometime this week. We'll make sure they write the address down correctly this time. What day is good for you?

He went out fishing with his uncle yesterday and has quite a story to tell. I'll let him tell it when he gets home this evening...complete with pictures.

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I want to know too!!!

• Princess
    Princess

But of course mom. In due time, when Steve gets home.

PS...curiosity killed the cat

Rachel

• Xena
    Xena

HEY!!!!! How come Valis is getting stuff and I'm not?????

• Valis
    Valis

Cuz I'm special... Hey P...glad Steve had another good adventure.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Princess
    Princess
    HEY!!!!! How come Valis is getting stuff and I'm not?????

Because you aren't very patient. You have to wait for Christmas. BTW, don't tell her but I did get something for Bubbles that I'll be sending out mid-November. If you are VERY good, I might stick something in the package for you too.

• Valis
    Valis
    Because you aren't very patient. You have to wait for Christmas.

I like my answer better..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Hey Travis,

You're most welcome to the package... a belated but sincere "thanks" for hosting the fest this summer. Sorry about the package delay, but the mistake may work to your advantage. The smokehouse is a very friendly, family run business, and they've agreed to make up the lost fish out of their smoked salmon supply, as well as re-ship at no charge. So I'll send a box containing both Dolly Varden and smoked salmon.

It's all good.

I was out fishing yesterday on the Cowlitz River, about 135 miles South of here. We were trolling for salmon (the Chinook are running) and my uncle hooked a beauty. After about 20 minutes, during which the fish ran and circled the boat several times, she came to the surface. A 30 lb. Chinook (King), bright and fresh from the ocean. They are a powerful, beautiful fish... and grace a dinner table quite nicely. We cut off six huge steaks, each an inch and a half thick, and enjoyed her for dinner. That didn't even use half of it.

I didn't even get a bump, but I was thrilled to see my uncle catch a fish... He's close to seventy, travelled out here from Massachusetts, laid out $9.67 for an out of state two-day permit, and landed a lifetime memory.

I'll post pics soon.

P.M. or post when you think you'll be home for the morning, overnight UPS should arrive before noon. Get your Triscuits and Pepper Jack cheese ready, cuz' it's gonna get there cold this time. It's great with eggs in the morning too, or in an omelette, or rolled into a breakfast burrito. Damn, went an got hungry again.

Steve

• gumby
    gumby
    Get your Triscuits and Pepper Jack cheese ready, cuz' it's gonna get there cold this time. It's great with eggs in the morning too, or in an omelette, or rolled into a breakfast burrito. Damn, went an got hungry again.

Jesus....I just ate dinner and I'm already hungry again! Damn stomach teaser!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit