For the two or three of you who are interested...
Things are really clicking, lately. The past three or four months have been my best in the past four years. Why? Some things that have changed about me:
1) I've cut back spending, worked more and can see the light at the end of my debt tunnel. By next spring I should be out of all debt, including my last car payment. This, without touching my mutual fund. Must not touch for thirty years!
2) I've lightened up a lot. Reading Michael Crichton's "Travels," Victor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" and some other books have led me to realise that there NO ONE has a finger on reality and it behooves me to look at the good in other's opinions, even the possibility that my well-worn skepticism may be inadequate.
3) I'm treating people I meet, even strangers, in a friendlier fashion. I used to be a friendly dude at the assemblies and was a sort of roving David Letterman. I've tried to joke around with the people I meet and this seems to work just as well with worldlings as J-dubs. Cool!
4) Yoga. It's subtle, but I can start to feel a difference both mentally and physically. Can't put a finger on it yet, but there's a more contented feeling and I can concentrate better.
5) I'm reading less, doing more. "Go with experience" has been a mantra that a few people have passed on to me. I feel I'm living more in the moment and less in my brain. In time I'd like to go back and forth between my intuitive, introspective side and my pragmatic, "this worldly" side at will. Right now I'm concentrating ont he latter to balance things out.
6) Perhaps sad to say, but I'm HERE less. I've noticed a negative correlation between my hapiness/accomplishment level and the time I spend on DBs. Not to say that I'd ever get rid of all you crazy kids permanently, but JWD is not nearly as salient as it used to be. This is a good thing!
7) Sun. Got a lot of it this summer. Must buy sun lamp!
Hopefully, 8,9 and 10 are on the way!
My best to you all!