Afraid of Dying?

by PointBlank 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Afraid of death? Actually.... weird enough, looking forward to it! Can't wait to experience first hand who's right on the subject: Will I just go in a deep sleep-unconscious like state, will I go to a lovely place called heaven, will it be a tormentous place humans call hell?

Living my life as nice a person as possible, just in case. However, can't hardly wait to find out the truth on this subject for myself! In my JW-trained mind, I choose to believe our theory on it, but still hesitant to just discard everybody else's theories completely.

I'm such a skeptic in so many levels!!!

DY

• blondie
    blondie

looking forward to it

So are you dying tonight since you can't wait?

Can't wait to experience first hand who's right on the subject

• Dagney
    Dagney

Not at all. In fact I'm looking into euthanasia with anticipation there will be a time when I will want to end my life and not be a burden on my family and friends.

• tec
    tec

Not afraid to die. Afraid to leave people behind who still need me - namely my children. Afraid to die before I can make amends for some of my mistakes. Certainly afraid of any pain involved in the actual dying.

Other than that, I do not fear actual death.

Tammy

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

All you guys say you are not afraid of dying.Well I am,I love life.Has anyone pointed a gun at your head?(Never happened to me and I don't want it to happen)Let's see how you would react then.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?” Socrates.

• tec
    tec

XPeterX - Wanting to die, and being at peace with death are two different things. I do not want to die, but I am not afraid of death. It comes to everyone at some point.

Tammy

• freydo
    freydo

Are any of you making plans for the inevitable? I mean besides insurance and trust accounts, etc?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Doesn't bother me.

Either nothing happens ... you just cease to exist ... or we continue our journey in another form.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is going to "out" me as a nerd but I was just reading the appendices of The Lord of the Rings recently and reminded me to consider again Tolkien's conception of "estel" which is a kind of cross between hope and faith in the face of the unknown. One having estel neither knows nor needs to know what lies 'beyond the circles of the world' but rather has a positive hope and faith that whatever shall be is what should be.

I'm not fully over the shock and loss of the cult mindset I was raised with but I hope to have a full measure of estel before I go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit