Downloading movies..help

by Brummie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus
    Win 98

That's the problem, probably. It's old, slow, and out of date. I couldn't imagine going back to that neandrathal, LOL!

Brummie, you can get a new box for as little as $600.00 in Canada; I don't know about the UK, but you should seriously consider the investment. It would come with XP, and you would have little in the way of problems, comparitivley speaking. I just downloaded the 2nd service pack, and I have pop-up blocker and all! It's pretty amazing.

Good luck on your quest. It may work but I ain't no computer genius and I know that Win 98 has some serious problems when it comes to today's technology. Perhaps stick with WinMX if it doesn't work. Good luck!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I've got it up and running but havent the foggiest how to use it, i'll spend time on working it out later. Thx

• shamus
    shamus

You got it going... Good!!

Go to the website that I had in my previous post. Search for movies, shows, whatever. When you find your movie, it will ask you to save, which you save. Have Azureus running at the time. After it's done saving, you will be asked by Azureus to save it again. Do it, and let it download.

It's amazingly easy... quite more complicated than others, but it works far better, IMO.

Enjoy!

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I just want to urge caution when downloading from the Internet. One of my friends uses Rogers and tried to download Aliens VS Predator. He got a letter from 20th Century Fox and his ISP. His IP was flagged and he was warned that they will be watching him. He was downloading via BitTorrent using Supernova as the link site. They are watching and are setting up Torrents themselves as bait. Hence, I used to download alot of stuff but have really slowed down the last few months. Gotta watch your butt.

My 2 cents.

Wolfy

PS.. I haven't been around for awhile. I started a new job doing Tech Support for Toshiba. 24/7 enviroment and the shifts are a killer. Miss you all.(Waves at Shotgun, Special K and Shera)

• shamus
    shamus

Yes Wolfy. Downloading movies off the internet is illegal.

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

Hello Shamus

I think most people agree that it is illegal to download movies off the Internet. I am not arguing that point.It's not for me to tell people they can't download anything off the Internet. I still download off the Internet on occasion. I am basically saying be careful ..practice "safer downloading" The studios are starting to target BitTorrent as it has gotten quite popular after the crack-down on the P2P networks like Kaaza. Check out the fourms on Supernova. It's an eye-opener.

Wolfy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit