Downloading movies..help

by Brummie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Three times I tried to download I robot, its 880,000,000 bytes. 1st time it got to 700,000,000 and then my system crashed because I had too many programs running, then when it rebooted it was showing 0 bytes and I had to start again, then it got to 500, 0000, 0000 and my system crashed again. After reboot, 0 bytes, have to start all over again. Where did all those 700,000,000 bytes go? Can I find them somewhere on my system? I checked the temp folders and couldnt find anything?

I have downloaded a couple of films and have had no problem.

• shamus
    shamus

Brummie,

Sounds like you have an older computer, no? Older operating system???

Try Azureus to start with. It's a great program that uses a bit-torrent system. No popups, no spyware, and I find it's 10 times faster than Kazza (that spyware garbage ridden program). I have never had a problem with Azureus; it tells you right away if you don't have enough disk space, or any other problems. I have downloaded the entire seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Sopranos, Ben and Tellers (sp?) Bullshit, EVERYTHING! The problem that I find is I have to burn things straight away and delete them because I am running out of hard drive disk space!

Trust me on this; it works so good! PM me if you need any more help setting it up. It works differently from Kazza; you need to go to a website to search for titles.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thx Shamus, I use Winmx and usually it would pick up from where it cut off, but if the system crashes (I have Pentium3 with 13gig harddrive) it begins back at zero! Darn thing.

I'm gonna try downloading the program you mentioned, though winmx has been my favorite since the original napster was taken out a couple of years ago.

• shamus
    shamus

Brummie,

You will find that WinMX has nothing on Azureus. Trust me on this one! I had that program years ago...

Here is they're website where you can search for Television shows and movies: Search for Azureus for the program. It's free!

I still don't have a clue what your OS is, and I suspect that is part of the problem, as is WinMX.

http://www.suprnova.org/

You're going to love it!

• shamus
    shamus

Did I mention speed? My record for downloading Jackie Brown was 2.5 hours. That's full length.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I've just downloaded it, tried installing it but it doesnt show in my program files. I have broadband (512kps) but 2 1/2 hours is a record, took me 7 hours to download The cat in the hat for my kids.

• Terry
    Terry

Many studios have set up FTP sites that list and feed dummy movies (high profile titles) with bugs attached. You spend your time downloading them and either they won't open, they are defective, blank or shut you down. The idea is to frustrate you with downloading films and to make you fearful that you'll leave yourself open to damage.

I saw this on TECHtv, I believe it was, not too long ago.

T.

• shamus
    shamus

Brummie,

Shut down, restart, see it now? What's your OS? Windows? What kind of Windows? If it's something awful like Windows 98 or ME, you'll probably have nothing but problems.

Did it successfully install?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thx terry, I'll try downloading it off another server to see if thats whats happening.

Shamus, I have installed it 3 times and it aint showing in my programs. I downloaded it off a foreign site, I'll try the one you posted.

• Brummie
    Brummie

oh I see, I'll close down in a minute shamus, I am on Win 98.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit