Any postive feedbacks from congregational people.

by spiritmama2004 26 Replies latest jw friends

• spiritmama2004
    spiritmama2004

I am studying with the witnesess for over a yr now & finally today finished the Knowledge Book. I came from a Baptist church & since studying with this congregation have grown to appreciate them. Though I donot feel the need ot have the WT at the meetings I understand why the congregation uses them. I just think of them as articles to read & move onward. However I do like the fact that they are very biblical in the since of studying all the time. Does anyone whom have studied & left for one reason or another, or others whom have studied & decided to convert over tell me postive stories how they impacted your life?
    I am tierd of reading negitive stories. Not every denomination is perfect.Thanks.

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

You can't be serious.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hello Spiritmama, welcome aboard.

I studied from a very young age and became a devout JW when I was 18 and old enough to make the decision to be batised. I became a regular pioneer 1 month after being baptised. I think the JW oganisation stopped me from becoming a criminal, and possibly a drug addict. It installed in me a fear of God following a very rebellious teenage phase. For that I am thankful. However, I became a addicted to that religion so badly that I defended them through all their false prophecies and all their lies and errors, to break the addiction to that religion was very hard, it took years and at least 6 exit counsellors, very depressive, not sure if cocaine would have been easier to combat.

Hope all goes well with you, please do research.

Brummie

• kls
    kls

Well there are some here that have had good experiances with JW people as far as friendships. I am not real sure what you are asking,,,,,do you mean as far as the JW books and teachings?

• garybuss
    garybuss
    I am tierd of reading negitive stories.

My story is true. What's negative about that? Would you rather I lie?

• shamus
    shamus
    I do like the fact that they are very biblical in the since of studying all the time. Does anyone whom have studied & left for one reason or another, or others whom have studied & decided to convert over tell me postive stories how they impacted your life?
    I am tierd of reading negitive stories. Not every denomination is perfect

No demonination is perfect. That is an absolute truth.

Jehovahs Witnesses are not a denomination. They are a high-control religious group. Something different from main-stream religion.

A positive story about them? Yes, I studied, yes, I got baptized, seeking the cure for my depression, among other things. They only made it worse, worse, worse.

Positive stories... I, too, have none. Not one positive thing, other than I met a few interesting people and had a good laugh while I was in. Now that I'm out, I may as well be dead... or at least have crows pecking my eyeballs out.

I don't think that you will hear many positive stories, because this is what a typical 'dub' would call an apostate message board. Anyone who leaves 'the truth' is an apostate. So you will hear no 'good' stories. Unless you want lies.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

From the WTBS Library...

*** w55 3/15 p. 168 Negative Thinking Has Power ***

Negative Thinking Has Power

Writing in the Christian Century of January 5, Simeon Stylites sought to temper the enthusiasm for positive thinking, saying that when it ?is identified with a psychological pep talk to oneself, the best things of life and of true growth of mind and heart are left out.? Rather than exuding superconfidence all the time, one might very well let a little modesty and humility seep through also, though any such display of self-depreciation might be viewed as negative thinking. The writer concludes his column with these words: ?The power of negative thinking is beautifully and profoundly pictured in the words of the returning Prodigal to his father: ?Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no more worthy to be called your son.? That is about as negative as a person can get. And such self-awareness and consciousness of failure is the gateway to power. Humility is the first step in learning. Such a feeling is very different from the kind of ?positive thinking? to which many today are painfully aspiring, the kind that says, ?Watch me, boys! I?m going places.? That mood may be the beginning of becoming a Big, Booming Success. It is not the door to the life which is Life indeed.? ( Look at all the mags we produce each month, look at our growing numbers, these are evidence of God's blessing )

*** g75 3/22 p. 5 Is More Governmental Control Needed? ***

?But,? you may say, ?that is just hopeless, negative thinking; and besides, there is no alternative. We have to keep trying.? However, after six thousand years of ?trying,? is it negative thinking or is it realistic thinking that points to such conclusions? Facing up to the truth may be bitter medicine, but it is the best medicine, because it may also open otherwise closed minds to the real solution.

Is it negative or realistic thinking to question their ability to know God's will, if after 125 years of predicting dates for Armeggedon, they've really shown no insight at all...

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I am an active JW and I wll let you know that you will not understand the full picture until you have committed yourself as a baptized JW.

Although I was born a JW, I studied with many interested ones like yourself. I have seen many converts change their lives by stopping smoking or drug abuse and finding "hope" after being lost. JWs also have excellent public speaking skills from constant ministry schooling and are generally honest in their communities as long as their religion is not threatened.

But here is the trade: JWs give a promise that everything will be fixed in Paradise, this is the main motivation to change your life, but you give up "your life" for it.

Please, while you have the opportunity to question JW beliefs (after you are baptized you are not allowed to question anything), make a careful study of what JW believe and if it is actually true. Research not only JW publications but non-JW sources as well. You will not get the full picture until you do. Negative stories will be a part of this.

You have a choice, I did not.

• Joker10
    Joker10

You will not read many positive things there because most people have dedicated themselves to bash them. This is not the place to be if thats the case.

But I will tell you that studying with the Witnesses was for the better.

• kls
    kls

But I will tell you that studying with the Witnesses was for the better.,,,,,,,,,Joker tell us in what way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit