How much harm has your congregation caused you?

by avishai 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

No harm done here. I think people will like to post on this thread.

• FairMind
    FairMind

My present congregation has caused me no troubles other than enforcing the dictates of the WTS regarding restoring privileges (seems that I have displayed apostate tendacies). The PO in my former congregation worked to help break up my first marriage and tried to influence my current wife to not marry me. Much more could be said on other matters as well.

Dustyb, I would disagree with you as to who is to blame for the two problems you mentioned (alcoholism and masturbation). Seems like those are things we choose to do to ourselves.

FM

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

If I could somehow carve out the section of my brain that holds the memories of my childhood, I would. It would be entirely worth losing the happy stuff, if I could rid myself of the rest of it. Compounding the pain is the fact that the elders knew exactly what was happening to me, and did nothing to help me; in fact, I was forbidden to go to the authorities. But, whatever.

What hurts me more is how they've hurt those I have loved. I can't go into details, because it's other people's lives and not my own, but the pain and the damage the WTS's policies have done to their emotional and physical well-being is incalculable and I will never forgive them for hurting those close to me.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was a congregational outcast. I have no clue why I was an outcast. I was also an outcast in "the world" because of my JW religion. I didn't fit anywhere. The only friend I had was "worldly".

There came a day where I had to do something about being an outcast. I had no clue how to fix my outcast problem in the KH, but I knew how to fix my outcast problem in "the world". I switched schools, and ceased practicing JWism at school. I became accepted at school and made many friends. I still attended the KH until I was 18 1/2, but I was still the outcast there. Before and after meetings, I would stand at the back of the KH by myself. I'd recieve an occasional hello, but that was about it, unless I had given a talk in the TMS. That was the only time I had lots of people come up to me saying "That was a very good talk!" It's sad seeing over 20 people giving an automated response to my talk.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

DUE TO BEING DF'D I LOST ALL ASSOCIATION WITH MY BROTHER AND SISTERS AND ALL THEIR CHILDREN. ALL THE RELATIVES OF MY NOW EX WIFE. SOME OF MY OWN CHILDREN.

THE ELDERS ALSO PARTICIPATED IN THE DESTRUCTION OF MY MARRIAGE.

LOST ALL OF MY SO CALLED FRIENDS IN THE WBTS TRAP.

WHAT WAS THE CAUSE OF ME BEING DF'D??

(((((ANGER))))) YES ANGER AND ONLY ANGER. I WAS CHARGED WITH "FITS OF RAGE"

WHAT MADE ME ANGRY??

I LEARNED THAT MY DAUGHTER HAD BEEN MOLESTED AND FOUND THERE WERE OTHERS THIS SAME ELDER MOLESTED.

THE WBTS INSTRUCTED THE ELDERS TO DROP THE CASE.

THE FINAL STRAW WAS HOW THE ELDERS BEHAVED. THAT IS WHEN THEY REALLY SAW THE TRUE ANGER OF SOMEONE THEY HAD HURT.

Outoftheorg

• avishai
    avishai
    (((((ANGER))))) YES ANGER AND ONLY ANGER. I WAS CHARGED WITH "FITS OF RAGE"

WHAT MADE ME ANGRY??

I LEARNED THAT MY DAUGHTER HAD BEEN MOLESTED AND FOUND THERE WERE OTHERS THIS SAME ELDER MOLESTED.

THE WBTS INSTRUCTED THE ELDERS TO DROP THE CASE.

Even if you kicked the living shit out of the elder, that's what I'd call "Righteous indignation" No more. Damn these idiot wussy elders.

• RR
    RR

NADA!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL AVISHAI, I DID TELL THE ELDERS INVOLVED THAT "THEY NEEDED THE SHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM". THOSE ARE THE VERY WORDS.

THIS IS THE (REAL) REASON BEHIND THEIR ACTIONS.

IN THIS DAY AND AGE, ONE HAS TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT PHYSICAL ASSAULT. SO I CONFRONTED AND TRIED TO GET THE MOLESTER TO THROW A PUNCH AT ME.

I WOULD HAVE BETTER LEGAL GROUNDS FOR BEATING HIM. THE COWARD THAT HE IS PROVED TO BE ALL BLUFF AND WORDS. I COULDN'T GET HIM TO THROW A PUNCH AND I TRIED FOR SEVERAL MINUTES.

THE BASTARD WAS AND IS A COWARD.

Outoftheorg

• avishai
    avishai

Well, I hope he gets cancer.

• shamus
    shamus

Nothing compared to what you all have gone through... but...

I was made to feel ashamed of the skin that I was in. They pushed me down every meeting that I went to... it was always 'you're not good enough'...

I had one congregational member rip me off. There was nothing that I could do about it. He had done it to countless others too. It was some work that he had 'part time' that he never paid anyone for, LOL! Loser.

I had one elder grab my arm and squeeze it real hard... had it been a time when I was not seriously depressed, I would have knocked his block off.

I've been the subject of, like most here, complete and utter nonsense gossip.... something that I still can't believe happened.

That's about it. No molestation here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit