How much harm has your congregation caused you?

by avishai 19 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

It covered up my bro's molestation, etc., etc.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, let's start with this:

An elder in the South Beaverton congregation had an affair with my first wife (the wife of my virgin youth); robbed me, literally robbed me. (Details have been provided on other threads)

Oh, and can we go back to the deception of the congregation servant in the North Beaverton congregation, after I came back from Bethel, and said to my Dad: "I didn't tell you what it was like there, because it would have been disloyal." Robbed me, literally robbed me.

avishai,

I feel your pain; in a different way, of course...but I, and we, feel it nonetheless.

May you sleep peacefully tonight, my friend, as will I.

Craig

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

To even try to think of all the harm our last congregation caused our family exhausts me and makes me very sad. I can say that they helped drive us into disaster of every kind. My precious little family lies in ruin like a bad plane crash. We are all alive but we will never, ever be the same.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

(((((AVI)))) sob....

Mine never really hurt me, per se. Mine was mostly family problems that hurt me. But if we'd not been Witnesses, I'd still probably be half as screwed up as I am now.

CG

• avishai
    avishai

I could go on for days about what various congs have done to us.

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Avish))

Kate and I, and a whole bunch of others, will personally meet you soon!

But, in the meantime, if you need to talk...you have a p/m.

Craig

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Avi How sad for your family. Few people realize the walls it creates when there are secrets that must be kept secret.

As for me - take any kind of abuse and add it to my list. Some days the list feels endless.

What it has done to me personally and to my siblings , my aunt and my children -

• physical abuse by mother encouraged by WTS
    • sexual abuse kept hidden resulting in the suicide of an aunt (my age) and me spending 3 years away from my family in foster care at the encouragement of the PO to keep the secret
    • 15 years of emotional and spiritual abuse from the ex-husband/elder
    • years of suffering suicidal thoughts and depression
    • refusal to condone getting professional help for the PTSD
    • physical abuse to my children from their father
    • destruction of my marriage
    • didn't graduate from high school because "the end was so near"
    • no opportunity to continue my education because "the end was so near"
    • limited developmental tasks due to the limitations on normal life
    • no retirement plan because the "end was so near"
    • DFing which robbed me of my faith, friends and family
    • little opportunity to experience normal socialization - no worldy friends, no holidays, birthdays, Mother's day etc
    • and on and on
  • dustyb
    dustyb

my congregation turned me into an acoholic at the age of 19, turned my g/f into a nervous wreck at 17 and still goes strong (not counting the other things done to other people.)

• dustyb
    dustyb

and they taught me what masturbatin was at the age of four!! yay, i mean booooooooooooooo!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Check Mark Click my bio/profile over yonder to the left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit