Is Hollywood completely off it's freaking head(ALEINvsPREDATOR)

by Zep 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

In 1962 there was KING KONG vs. GODZILLA -

" The most colossal conflict the screen has ever known!"

Originality in Hollywood has been DEAD for a long time.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

What they need is a movie comprised completely of cheese.

On a related note, I reccomend the following book:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0380814676/qid=1096057406/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-7708392-6168827?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

• roybatty
    roybatty

My kids dragged me to this movie but I'll have to admit I thought it would be ok. I mean, how can you screw up two of best monsters? But they did. The story wasn't just lame, it was flat out stupid. I think some 6-year old wrote it. My question is, why did they have to make the story so ridiculous? Why not just re-hash Alien 2? No one was going there to see Oscar type movie making, we wanted a decent story and lots of fight scenes. Hell, they should have had a group of Marines crash land on some remote planet and be stuck in the middle of a war between the Aliens and Predators. Throw in some wise-ass remarks and some great fight scenes (maybe even a little T&A) and Wham! good summer movie.

• jwbot
    jwbot

And the dialogue? OH THE HORROR!

• shamus
    shamus
    Yeah, i've already seen it. Not so good. Although the FX were pretty damn good.

Special effects...... big deal. They can do anything nowadaze with 'special effects'.... and I would hardly see anything like that piece of crap movie. I wouldn't even go if it was for free, or if it was on television.

Hollywood pumps out more garbage than hindi's. The level of 'movie entertainment' is disgusting! I can't recall seeing a good movie in 2 years.... from Hollywood. The best films are foreign.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

I thought it was pretty cool.....................reminds me of Godzilla v. Rodan. It's only entertainment, don't take it so seriously.

SB

• shamus
    shamus
    It's only entertainment, don't take it so seriously.

I don't think anyone did... except for maybe you, because you mentioned it, LOL!

Hey, what's a witness doing watching 'R' movies for anyways? You could be hauled in the back room next meeting.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Jwbot:I downloaded the movie for free and I STILL want my $9 back!!! Thats how much it sucked!

Very funny statement......

Shamus:I don't think anyone did... except for maybe you, because you mentioned it, LOL!

Hey, what's a witness doing watching 'R' movies for anyways? You could be hauled in the back room next meeting.

Not a part of the organization.............and I can make my own decision, thank you very much.

Brownboy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit