Awake! congradulates itself for "Mood Disorders"

by ezekiel3 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Ezekial, I don't know if I've had a conversation with you yet, but I always enjoy your thoughtful posts. Excellent work on this one! Keep it up!

SNG

• alamb
    alamb

Hmmm. Seems the Awake! comment itself shows a little Narcissism.

• heathen
    heathen

Yeah right . Nothing like prayer and reading more to cure diabetes or something medical that can cause depression . These people don't even have the common sense to suggest there could be a physical problem that requires medical attention. Everything is either a test from God or attack from the devil with these people , jeezzuuuuuuussssss that is so friggen out dated , like maybe the dark ages here .

• avishai
    avishai

Incredible post!!!!

• Triple A
    Triple A

Help, what reference is *** yp

Thanks

• Scully
    Scully
    Help, what reference is *** yp

yp = "Young People Ask"

Thanks for posting this ezekiel3. I suppose now I should be expecting a visit from the local Elders? bragging about this New Light? they got regarding depression, when I was telling them all this over 10 years ago and being treated like crap by them (and the rest of the congregation) for it. So, what.... now that it comes from the Faithful and Discreet Slave? it's The Truth?, but when I was telling them, I was Demonized??? So, are they still saying, in effect, You're just a woman and your advice never mattered, even though we now know it was correct... Now that we've got all this straight, you have to forgive us for treating you like $h!t...??

My blood is boiling. They can go straight to hell for all I care.

Love, Scully

• squinks
    squinks

Thanks for the encouraging post. I have been uplifted and will now have an enjoyable bible discussion. As a matter of fact, I am no longer depressed so now I can keep my home in a manner that reflects Godly principles and will set an example to others. I can cook nutritious meals and take care to serve food at the proper time.

I can make sure that my clothing is clean and neat and mended even though it is 15-20 years out of date. My families shoes will shine after I polish them as befitting a fine Christian example of very shiny shoes. I will adorn myself tastefully and attend many hours of meetings and field service per week.

After that I will give my husband his "marital due" as often as he wants while keeping up with my literature reading. As a matter of fact, I think a Christian woman should definitely read the literature while she is "giving the marital due."

All of this is because of the spiritual food I have had shoveled into my figurative pie hole. Just knowing that God's Organization understands me and my depression and is now telling everyone that they too should understand my mental illness makes me so happy that I will continue to wait on Jehovah until I die of old age.

• Scully
    Scully

LMAO at:

a Christian woman should definitely read the literature while she is "giving the marital due."

Is that the JW version of "close your eyes and think of England"?? LOL

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    "As a matter of fact, I think a Christian woman should definitely read the literature while she is "giving the marital due."

This would not make me "want" my marital dues!

I hate it when my wife is thinking about tomorrow, when I'm trying to give each other "our marital dues"

• Scully
    Scully

DaCheech:

I hate it when my wife is thinking about tomorrow, when I'm trying to give each other "our marital dues"

I guess it would bug you if she was filing her nails or counting the ceiling tiles at the time, then, eh??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit