by pettygrudger 32 Replies latest jw friends

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

"It is not selfishness to live as you see
    fit. Selfishness is requiring that others live as you see fit."
    You positive people rock!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Love is like pizza. When it's hot, it's great... when it's cold, it's still pretty good.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Love is like pizza. When it's hot, it's great... when it's cold, it's still pretty good.

And it goes well with beer.

• dmouse
    dmouse

You only fail when you stop trying.

My favourite quote is by Buddha:

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"If you have 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"--- John Wayne

---------'nuff said............

----------------Hillbilly

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

The greatest courage is facing the truth and the truth takes no prisoners.

God hates a coward.{my fav}

MADD {Mothers Aganist Drunk Driving} motto:Say nothing,....Do nothing,....STOP,nothing.

Only prisons have Watchtowers.

Justice favors the not forgotten {my poster}

'Bend over Jehovah' {my poster}

Jehovah Witne$$ Ripoff Cult {my poster and bumper sticker}

Stop Watchtower Abuse {my bumper sticker}

• Terry
    Terry

There is a destiny that makes us brothers;

none goes his way alone. What you send into the lives of others

will come back into your own.

__________and_____________

As you go through life, let this be your goal: Keep your eye on the doughnut and not on the hole.

__________and_____________

This too shall pass!

______________and______________

If I have to choose between two things, I ask myself which one I will have wished to have done when I'm on my deathbed thinking back on it.

• dustyb
    dustyb

hey hey hey, smoke weed every day!

lets all get drunk today, fk tomorrow!

na, not really, my best quote is from my grandpa (and US president Teddy Roosevelt). "Speak softly but carry a BIG stick"...

if you speak softly you won't offend anybody, but if you do, you got the good ole' whippin stick out ready to defend yourself if necessary.

• dustyb
    dustyb
    MADD {Mothers Aganist Drunk Driving} motto:Say nothing,....Do nothing,....STOP,nothing.

DAMM (drunks against mad mothers): geezus lady, i'm not driving, let me sit here and drink until i piss myself then i really won't drive!

and yes i'm a part of DAMM because i'm a responsible drunk that doesn't drive!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I love all of these, especially "petting the sweaty things"!

Jst2Laws - this one's for you. I actually believe they are 3 laws:

Love God (and all creation)

Love your neighbor as you

Love yourself.

We weren't taught that last one.

I believe if I make a whole hearted effort (at whatever effort I am able to put into it, and this varies day-to-day, moment-by-moment), that I will do little harm. Once adopting these 3 laws, I recycle more, buy used or recycled, or reuse more. I drive easy and usually don't get upset on the road. I'm getting rid of much of my "stuff" boxed baggage I've been carrying around forever and will never use. Plan driving errands so I'm not running out for just one thing. Compost, even though I'm in a condo (uses less water and electricity than the disposal, and it's good for the flower beds). Give a dollar or a quarter when I have one. Give a smile, I almost always have those. Give a compliment or kind word, they cost nothing and have value beyond gold.

Am I successful at it? Sometimes. More than I used to be.

Hugs

Bren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit